• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

eszra

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2008
Navarre
www.eszra.com
Allot of disappointment at the beach this month, seems like something new washes up each week, weather it is jellyfish or seaweed its been keeping us out of the water. At least it has been good for landscape pictures in the bay area.

Shrub.jpg

Shrub - Navarre, FL

This has to be my favorite place to photograph with these wide open dunes and being 15 minutes from my house.

Dead Zone.jpg

Dead Zone - Navarre, FL

Why Dead Zone? After the color treatment it just looked like somewhere you don't want to get lost without a cell phone signal.

Bridge.jpg

Bridge - Gulf Breeze, FL</p>

The 3 mile bridge leading from Gulf Breeze to Pensacola. The upward movement in the sky is great. I'm going to try and blend a couple more from this night.

-eszra
www.eszra.com

SoWalProfire

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2008
www.local3516.com
Allot of disappointment at the beach this month, seems like something new washes up each week, weather it is jellyfish or seaweed its been keeping us out of the water. At least it has been good for landscape pictures in the bay area.

Shrub.jpg

Shrub - Navarre, FL

This has to be my favorite place to photograph with these wide open dunes and being 15 minutes from my house.

Dead Zone.jpg

Dead Zone - Navarre, FL

Why Dead Zone? After the color treatment it just looked like somewhere you don't want to get lost without a cell phone signal.

Bridge.jpg

Bridge - Gulf Breeze, FL</p>

The 3 mile bridge leading from Gulf Breeze to Pensacola. The upward movement in the sky is great. I'm going to try and blend a couple more from this night.

-eszra
www.eszra.com

These are wonderful examples of HDR (high Dynamic Range) photography.

When you bracket these shots before the blend what is the shot frequency? How many shots for you average finish? Does you cam do the bracketing work based upon your pre setting or do you shoot them change the ISO, Aperture, Shutter speed between each shot?
When you blend in photo shop, do you set different opacity level for each shot, or are they all the same, or is this image dependent?

However you get the results I have to say, this is excellent work and well worth your asking price!!!:yikes:

eszra

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2008
Navarre
www.eszra.com
These are wonderful examples of HDR (high Dynamic Range) photography.

When you bracket these shots before the blend what is the shot frequency? How many shots for you average finish? Does you cam do the bracketing work based upon your pre setting or do you shoot them change the ISO, Aperture, Shutter speed between each shot?
When you blend in photo shop, do you set different opacity level for each shot, or are they all the same, or is this image dependent?

However you get the results I have to say, this is excellent work and well worth your asking price!!!:yikes:
Thanks!

I shoot in manual using a tripod and usually bracket at 2 stops apart (3 shots total). I set the middle exposre based on a point near the sun (or the brightest place in the sky if there is no sun in my shot). Actually the reason I shoot in manual is because I shoot panoramics, so using aperature priority of around F/16 will work too fo non panos. Oh, only the shutter spead changes.

The blending in photoshop all depends on the way I feel. I put one exposure over the other and use layer masks and change blending modes to taste. applying a gradiant or greyscale version of the image is a good way to start, then use the brush tool to fine tune different elements of the image. This can be an extremely long process, no rush though...