• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast is hosting a blood drive on July 22 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Suite 3 Resource Center conference room.

The drive is partnership with the Northwest Florida Blood Center of Florida Blood Services, which supplies blood for local community hospitals. Whole blood expires after 42 days, which increases the importance of ongoing blood drives.

Donors must be 17 or older, at least 110 pounds, have a picture identification card, be in good health, and not have donated within the last 55 days.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Thanks. I knew it was close to time, but couldn't get them to return my emails for schedules. ARG!

Phoenix Rising

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2006
Have funn, too bad they won't take my blood and I'm O-. :roll:

Why won't they take O-? Can someone please confirm this? I was planning on donating. I am O- and used to donate on a regular basis before I moved here. They were always glad to see me because O- is very rare and people who are type O- can only receive O- whereas other types can recieve O (the universal donor), along with their own type such as A, B, or AB (+-). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because my college heredity classes were a long time ago.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
They take all blood types. Gayboi's SoWal.com user name gives me reason to believe that gayboi is being rejected based on his responses to the private questions which they ask to determine whether or not they will accept your blood as a donor.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
They take all blood types. Gayboi's SoWal.com user name gives me reason to believe that gayboi is being rejected based on his responses to the private questions which they ask to determine whether or not they will accept your blood as a donor.

Bingo. :angry: