• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I have heard back from county officials -- and though there are still some i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed -- it appears this barricade will ultimately be removed.

Good job!
So, is it in the right of way, or did they say?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Looking at the plat, my guess is that it is on easement shown in my above pic.

bdub, the subdivision name is Camp Creek Lake, and the plat is found in Plat Book 5, page 12 (Atlas Page 312). You can go to Walton County Clerk of Court's site,
click on "Public Records."
Click on "Official Records."
(accept disclaimer)
Select "Book Page"
Change the Book Type to "Plat"
Type "5" for Book
Type "12" for Page
Click on the first line item, on the hyper-link "1"
BEFORE clicking on View Image, go to upper right corner of page and click on settings. Change "Tiffy" to "pdf" and click "OK" (pop up box will close)
Now, click on "View Image."
The pdf of Camp Creek Lake S/D will load. You can enlarge, move around, save, print, email, etc. just like any other pdf file.

(That is the how-to for a little education. To go directly to that page, click here.

drivingtheview

Beach Lover
Oct 17, 2005
Smiling Joe for County Commissioner and Mayor of SoWal!! Who knows more or cares more about Sowal? I'm continually amazed

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling Joe for County Commissioner and Mayor of SoWal!! Who knows more or cares more about Sowal? I'm continually amazed

There are some others, but I have to agree with you!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Thanks, but gayboi is right. This weekend, a lady at the Red Bar introduced me to a visitor as the "Mayor of South Walton." I corrected her, noting that I do not wish for that responsibility. I'm just the unofficial greeter.

bdub

Beach Lover
Jan 29, 2008
I want everyone to know that this is not a done deal yet. The county gave me the first read -- and it looks good for those of us who want to continue using the access point near the bridge. However, that barricade is still up.

bdub

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Take it down, bdub. Then, maybe the responsible party will call the sheriff and you can really determine what is going on. On the other hand, around here, you might find youself "led away in handcuffs".

bdub

Beach Lover
Jan 29, 2008
Update

Hi everyone:

Just an update. On Saturday evening, I successfully used the bridge access to Camp Creek Lake without serious harm, consequence -- or arrest.

There is a little gap between the barricade and the lake just big enough to allow the kayak to slide through. I did not cross the no trespassing line -- just sort of skirted around it near the water's edge.

No one said anything to me -- but one guy walked out to his dock and glared. I waved. He did not wave back.

I exited the same way I entered and walked the kayak back to my house without incident.

I haven't heard anything additional from the county -- but as you will all remember, their first read on the situation was that the barricade was on the long-established easement.

bdub