• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
On the way home from Watercolor Starbuck's the wife and I decided to drive through Grayton Beach State Park- we'd never been there...

We'd just paid the $4 and pulled away from the ranger station when all of a sudden a bobcat pranced across the road in front of us and into the foliage without a care in the world. We got a great look at it...

This was at about 8:40 this morning...

:clap:

So cool. I had no idea bobcats would be roaming the beach dunes. This is such an amazing place! :love:

Just thought I'd share...

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Oh, Jenay, I am dying. :rotfl:

Quick- call Mr. Pea and tell him Geo saw a bobcat too.:clap:

(Geo- just so you know, we aren't making fun of you. Pea's husband likes to tease me about the bobcat sighting in our driveway. I like to to tell him all the crazy places I see the bobcat now- my kitchen, at the Rep, in the aisles at Publix, the back porch. You just gave me credibility!:rotfl:)

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Quick- call Mr. Pea and tell him Geo saw a bobcat too.:clap:

(Geo- just so you know, we aren't making fun of you. Pea's husband likes to tease me about the bobcat sighting in our driveway. I like to to tell him all the crazy places I see the bobcat now- my kitchen, at the Rep, in the aisles at Publix, the back porch. You just gave me credibility!:rotfl:)

haha- thx for sharing...

I was going to follow your lead and post that I just saw the bobcat again- it was waiting in line at Daddy's Cheesecake. But if I post that folks will think I am teasing on the original sighting...

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
You're fortunate there. For all that I've seen their tracks many times in Topsail SP, they're normally very shy and try to avoid humans.

Me too. I see bobcat tracks at Deer Lake SP and at the dunes at Watersound West. Also fox and coyote. They must be there to hunt the, uh sorry, beach mice.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
haha- thx for sharing...

I was going to follow your lead and post that I just saw the bobcat again- it was waiting in line at Daddy's Cheesecake. But if I post that folks will think I am teasing on the original sighting...

Now you've got the hang of it!
You can also use it as a way of expressing your unbelief in something someone has just said by simply replying, "Bobcat!" :lol:

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
That was a lucky sighting. In fifteen years, I have seen exactly one bobcat. It was several years ago, on the forest trail off 395. A very short sighting - the cat leaped off the trail and disappeared into thick brush. The interesting thing was it was completely silent even though the brush should have made some noise. It literally vanished in the blink of an eye, and I almost thought maybe it was a figment of my imagination.
I was going to say I saw it again yesterday at Miss Lucille's, LOL. :D

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
That was a lucky sighting. In fifteen years, I have seen exactly one bobcat. It was several years ago, on the forest trail off 395. A very short sighting - the cat leaped off the trail and disappeared into thick brush. The interesting thing was it was completely silent even though the brush should have made some noise. It literally vanished in the blink of an eye, and I almost thought maybe it was a figment of my imagination.
I was going to say I saw it again yesterday at Miss Lucille's, LOL. :D

Excellent. I will report this to Mr. Pea. I think he is keeping a bobcat journal.