• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
How does one "define" best meal? I think it all depends on who, what, when and where. I am always having a "best" meal in SoWal :wave: :D :love:

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
The best dinner in SoWal is TUNA CASABLANCA at Criolla's.
#1 Yellowfin Tuna seasoned with Moroccan spices and seared rare, served with sticky Bamboo rice, papaya seed and wasabi paint, and a fresh cucumber and baby greens salad.

That does it - we are definitely getting to Criolla's next year!

The best dinner in SoWal is TUNA CASABLANCA at Criolla's.
#1 Yellowfin Tuna seasoned with Moroccan spices and seared rare, served with sticky Bamboo rice, papaya seed and wasabi paint, and a fresh cucumber and baby greens salad.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Firecracker grouper at Basmati
Lamb chops at Cafe Tango
Seafood dip at D&K
Raw oysters at Hurricanes
Guacamole at Taco Bar
Fish tacos at Smiling Fish
Any tapas at Criollas
Seasonal salad at Amore (best pizza, too)

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
The "last" best meal I had was the fish tacos at Hurricanes. I also really like that quirky cucumber salad they serve.

The absolute very best salad (altho technically not in SoWal) I've had was the antipasto plate at the late, great Tony's in Destin Commons. :sosad:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Friends of ours were in Grayton Beach over the Memorial Day holiday with three generations of their family and they all went to Stinky's Fish Camp. Everyone loved the menu but their daughter the vegetarian. It could have been the death knoll for a pleasant family outing had not the wonderful chefs created a special dinner just for her. It turns out that someone in the kitchen is also a vegetarian and was delighted to go the extra mile to accomodate my friend's daughter. And yes, it was a delicious dinner. :clap:

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
Anything at Fabrice but if you want specifics I'll go with:
Onion Soup - Soupe A L'oignon Des Halles as good as it gets.
Lobster Pasta - not your ordinary seafood pasta.
Rasberry tart - yes, it's perfect.

Fabrice is a warm and inviting french bistro like you'd find on a fascinating side street in Paris, yet it is simple and elegant, fitting right in at WaterColor. Fabrice & Fabienne are such a fun and welcome relief to the scene on Scenic 30A.

SeaGroovy

Beach Comber
Sep 8, 2007
Seagrove
Rigatoni Shrimp Fra Diavolo at Angelina's...so spicy, but so good. And get the house gorgonzola dressing. That's always my birthday dinner!

:love: