• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It is a mob scene, but they carry sooo much more things and really are never out of items. They are also more patient as a whole with a mom & 3 kids. Maybe it's just that they know us by name now. However, Tom the cashier will tell me when I've been in too much in a day or a week.:D

Which hottie is Tom? :D

Watercolor the most profitable of all Publix

Because of the lack of shelf space and their clientele is the short term visitor, you won't find the larger sizes of items many times therefore you pay more per ounce, etc.. Maybe not a big thing but one of the reasons I shop the PCB store most times , but I live here.

I live in Watercolor and walk or skateboard over there in the evening for small stuff. Did you know that our Watercolor Publix is the most profitable Publix per square foot in the State? It always seemed smaller, and a little more boutique, but I didn't know it was #1 till recently.

Lucky us huh?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
We are checking into our place at Watersound this Saturday. According to mapquest, we are 14 minutes from the Publix in PCB and 11 minutes from the Publix in Watercolor. Which one do you think is better? We will be shopping for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack foods for the week. I like a grocery store with many selections. But I also appreciate a store that has upscale items and prepared foods.

I would like to buy local produce. Any suggestions?

How about a great bakery?

Whichever Publix you choose, remember:
1-Get your seafood at Goatfeathers or Shrimpers. A lot of the Publix stuff isn't fresh.
2-Absolutely, positively, pick up a key lime pie.
3-The French hamburger rolls at the bakery are SO much better than packaged buns. They are the same ones they use at Flip Flops.
4-The rotisserie chickens are really good and are cheap, too.
5-If you're going to Destin, pick up your wine at Chan's. Definitely cheaper than Publix, but not enough so to justify burning $10 worth of gas and an hour of time.

6-And my new top-secret recommendation....
Get the organic Lays chips. To my palate, they taste noticeably better than their standard equivalents. Publix sometimes keeps them with the rest of the chips, and sometimes in a separate organic section. But they will be there, somewhere.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
another Publix tip

Another tip. Just in case you need a pharmacy, there is one at PCB Publix, and they're really nice people! Unfortunately, there isn't one at the Watercolor Publix, which is much closer for me....at any rate, just so happy to have a Publix!!

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
is a real professional. :clap: He is the best checkout person I've ever encountered - competent, quick, polite, and friendly.

He's great & makes me laugh every time I see him. Honestly, Sandestin Publix has a great group of employees. They are incredibly friendly & helpful, for the most part.

tstader

Beach Crab
Aug 5, 2008
Sarcastic????

Tall, gray haired,glasses, sarcastic, late 50's gentleman. Tells me I need to stop buying all the healthy stuff & I'll actually save money.:rotfl:

You described me to a tee except the part about me being sarcastic - Who me sarcastic?? :funn:Thanks to all the kind thoughts. See you all at the store.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Whichever Publix you choose, remember:
1-Get your seafood at Goatfeathers or Shrimpers. A lot of the Publix stuff isn't fresh.
2-Absolutely, positively, pick up a key lime pie.
3-The French hamburger rolls at the bakery are SO much better than packaged buns. They are the same ones they use at Flip Flops.
4-The rotisserie chickens are really good and are cheap, too.
5-If you're going to Destin, pick up your wine at Chan's. Definitely cheaper than Publix, but not enough so to justify burning $10 worth of gas and an hour of time.

6-And my new top-secret recommendation....
Get the organic Lays chips. To my palate, they taste noticeably better than their standard equivalents. Publix sometimes keeps them with the rest of the chips, and sometimes in a separate organic section. But they will be there, somewhere.

Clearly you haven't discovered the Chan's outlet. ;-)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005