• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

desertbluff

Beach Lover
Feb 6, 2008
Tucson, AZ
We are renting a house in Seacrest Beach for 6 weeks starting early September. Not that we really plan to have to use one, but we are wondering where there might be a walk-in or urgent care medical center in the area. Some Walgreens and supermarkets in our area (Tucson) have small clinics and there are a number of Urgent Care centers here. We always like to plan ahead, so any information will be greatly appreciated.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Sacred Heart Hospital....Hwy 98 near Sandestin. Some small medical clinics in Seagrove, one being Seagrove Medical Clinic, near Eastern Lake on 30A.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
The Sacred Heart walk in clinic is actually 7 miles west of the hospital on the Okaloosa/Walton line.
Experience tells me you will drastically decrease the odds you will need to patronize a walk in clinc if you keep you and your kids ears DRY to fend off swimmer's ear

wallymom

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2005
There's a great little place in Blue Mountain, on the north side of 30A where a nurse practitioner can handle many ailments. It's a $50 fee, cash, and well worth the money. I came down with a bad throat infection while on vacation...was in and out in 15 minutes with a Z-Pac prescription. My vacation was saved! No expensive fees, no waiting. I can't remember the name, but there's a sign out front. Maybe someone can jump in if they know the name.

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
There's a great little place in Blue Mountain, on the north side of 30A where a nurse practitioner can handle many ailments. It's a $50 fee, cash, and well worth the money. I came down with a bad throat infection while on vacation...was in and out in 15 minutes with a Z-Pac prescription. My vacation was saved! No expensive fees, no waiting. I can't remember the name, but there's a sign out front. Maybe someone can jump in if they know the name.

Yep, great place. Palmetto something-or-another. Debbie Sullivan is an ARNP and her father is an MD and they own the place. Right across from White Cliffs. They do not take insurance, cash only. But, that keeps the costs low.

I've taken my kids to Emerald Coast Urgent Care in Miramar beach several times too. They did stitches on my 3 y/o and did a nice job. Sometimes I think they're a little... err... not sure what to call it... maybe a little quick to think of the worst case scenario and apt to overkill on the treatment?? But, if you have insurance that you want to use, it's a nice place.

Phoenix Rising

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2006
Village Health Associates on HWY 98 in Santa Rosa Beach. Dr. Thomas Roberts has always gone above and beyond for our family. He is the best doctor I have ever dealt with. Walk-in's are welcome and he'll take good care of you. 622-0333.

desertbluff

Beach Lover
Feb 6, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Thanks to all

Thanks to all who replied. I've printed all the information and tucked it into our travel bag. This forum is just the greatest! :D

touchwood7

Beach Crab
Aug 5, 2008
Dr. Bawa in Seagrove Beach/ Santa Rosa Beach

My family and I are patients of Dr. Bawa. He is a wonderful doctor and came highly recommended to us when we moved here. His clinic is behind Angelina's & their phone # is 850-534-4170. They accept most insurance plans and they take walk ins as well. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Last edited: