• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
are you ready for some football???!!!!

YES WE ARE!!!:D

I notice LSU opens with Appie State.

Ann Arbor redux, maybe?

Doubtful, but interesting to think about.

I thought about that as well, and then the next week is Troy State....oh, oops I mean Troy. :roll: Why they changed their name I will never understand...

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
My first one of the upcoming season. Don't worry there will be more. :D

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

hey darlene: I did a tour of the UofA campus a few weeks ago for the first time in years. I graduated at UofA but haven't visited in a while. Bryant-Denny Stadium was very impressive with its most recent renovations. it seats over 92K now and is sold out every game of course and looking at adding more seats, etc.

funny, we also toured UofF campus this summer, and the Swamp (stadium) was funn to go in and look around. They have tons of big banners/photos/posters of Tebow and National Champ stuff. very impressive stuff.

but, this is what is interesting... from LA Times today...

Party school title goes to Florida

Here's to the Gators, who back up sports titles with Princeton Review's designation as nation's top college for parties. If back-to-back NCAA basketball championships and a Bowl Championship Series title in football weren't enough, there's another title that's sure to make Gators everywhere happy . . . or raise a glass.

The University of Florida is the No. 1 party school in the U.S., according to the Princeton Review, which polled 120,000 students.

Students (and parents), take note: The University of Mississippi was second, and Penn State third.

And as far as conference pride goes, those folks in the Southeastern Conference are right, they can go deep. Five SEC schools are in the top 20 party schools. Besides Florida and Mississippi, Georgia was No. 7, Tennessee No. 18 and Alabama No. 19.

The most "Stone-Cold Sober School"?

Brigham Young, for the 11th year in a row.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.