• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Water Boy

Beach Lover
May 13, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
My wife and I loved the Olympics. We loved the pageantry, the victory and the onces that just competed.. We enjoyed learning about the host country. We had our favorite sports and athletes. We couldn't get enough of it. When they went to the two year time frame it got better.

Sure there will always be negatives surrounding the Olympics. For us, it didn't take away from the Olympic Spirit. Yes, we screamed our heads off for every US Team Member.

Maybe for us, the Olympics were a distraction from our real world. That's probably the reason I respect your reasons for loss of some interest.

My wife has been gone for five years now. I plan to enjoy every minute of the games I can for I know my wife is watching from the best seat in the house.

I also hope the games will go on without outside distractioins.

With that said, I realize how our views are about the same.

GO TEAM USA

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I absolutely love the idea and spirit of the Olympics, but stopped watching them because the coverage became so full of nonsense and fluff.

If you need to fill time, show me the athletes preparing or pan the arenas or show clips of past glories. Scripted nonsense and manufactured "human interest or conflict" is dumb.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I absolutely love the idea and spirit of the Olympics, but stopped watching them because the coverage became so full of nonsense and fluff.

If you need to fill time, show me the athletes preparing or pan the arenas or show clips of past glories. Scripted nonsense and manufactured "human interest or conflict" is dumb.

well, at least you don't think it is idiotic.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Can someone explain how some of the sports start before the opening ceremonies :dunno: Isn't that what opening means, "the start."

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Dylan's teacher from last year is there with her husband who is a silver medalist in wrestling. He does wrestling commentary. I could care less about wrestling...probably my least fav sport. I'm excited to watch Michael Phelps and the other swimmers and gymnasts. ATT Uverse has several new Olympic channels so I'm sure the OL family will get their fill of the games.:D

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
two words...

MICHAEL PHELPS!!!! :clap::clap: