• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chagler16

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2006
Hi!
I am getting married in the middle of September...it will be a very sweet and initimate ceremony with family and close friends! It will be on the beach and the reception will be in a GREAT house that is on the beach in BMB. With this being said, it will also be very romantic. My fiance' and I will not be able to go on a long or extravagent honeymoon, but are planning to go somewhere for the rest of the week after the wedding.

Can anyone suggest any neat, romantic and fun places to visit in Florida (or any where) that is a day's drive away (ie. Jacksonville, etc.). We love music, art and just good fun and food. We also LOVE the beach (hence the reason we live in Santa Rosa Beach!!) and would even love to just get away and visit another beach and/or nice resort where we can really act like tourists/vacationers/honeymooners and relax for the week!!! (I am also expecting, so I can't go to say Disney World or anywhere too crazy!) We are between the ages of 27-30, so we would like for the place to offer entertainment & scenery for our age group!

Any thoughts, advice, suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!:dunno:

Thank you so much...

chagler16

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2006
Definitely an option...

Josh (my fiance) actually just visited that area with his company (Southern Resorts) and they have got some GREAT properties over there...he has even recently mentioned going there for a week if we can't decide on somewhere else that we would like to go. He said that it is very peaceful and beautiful there and the property that we can stay at is amazing! We are definitely considering this as an option! Thank you.

chagler16

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2006
Used to live in Gulf Shores, so have been to Fairhope many times!!!

I actually used to live in Gulf Shores, AL...then moved to Destin and now live in SRB. I LOVE FAIRHOPE! But with living SO close to there before moving, we used to go all the time. It has great places to eat and awesome shops, art and music! It is a great time for a weekend getaway! Thank you though...

cheesehead

Beach Lover
Jul 28, 2008
30a
Blueridge, Ga. About 6 1/2 hrs from here. Mountains, antiquing, cooler weather. There are chairs for the groom to be. I know, I've found them. Any more info needed, just ask.:cool:

chagler16

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2006
Thanks!!!

Neat, I have never heard of it!! I am checking it out in just a sec...Sounds like a great place to me and he actually wanted to go to the mountains without going to TN, so he may get really excited when I tell him about this place! Yes, I will be looking for the chairs myself!! Too funny...thank you for your help!