• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Speaking of ATMs, I refuse to use them*. I think I will get robbed. :D I write a check to Cash and go through the drive thu at the bank. My son thinks I am paranoid. I call it cautious and old fashioned.

*...oops, I forgot I had to use it in sowal, when Mr. K left me one time with no bills. I was not scared. Wonder what that means? ;-)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Speaking of ATMs, I refuse to use them*. I think I will get robbed. :D I write a check to Cash and go through the drive thu at the bank. My son thinks I am paranoid. I call it cautious and old fashioned.

*...oops, I forgot I had to use it in sowal, when Mr. K left me one time with no bills. I was not scared. Wonder what that means? ;-)

Little known fact, you can also take your check card into a bank and they will run it for you. They may look at you a little funny, but they'll do it. Usually the same charge as the ATM.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Little known fact, you can also take your check card into a bank and they will run it for you. They may look at you a little funny, but they'll do it. Usually the same charge as the ATM.

I have never used that card. I think I got hung up on the word DEBiT. Mr. K set up my MC for ATM use when we were going to Italy last year.

That bolded part is the story of my life. :D

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
i always pay cash at restaurants - i have a real phobia about letting my credit card out of my site....

drivingtheview

Beach Lover
Oct 17, 2005
Stinky's Fish Camp (but they have an ATM on premises)

Stinky's accepts credit (Visa, MC)-just not AMEX (not sure about Discover). Last time I was there, the family with us only had AMEX. Guess who took care of the bill!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Yes, D&K's Cafe now takes Cash and Checks only. We DO have an ATM machine. Actually Doug and I have always done this with our cafes way back from the early 90's. We were really pressured by someone into taking credit cards after we did the renovation. The fees killed us...especially AMEX. The deposits aways come in days later. I have nothing against them, as I use them for certain things....but give me an out of town check any day. I can count on my ten fingers the bad checks we've had in the past 17 years....and the funny thing is they were always from someone we know and it was no big deal as the checks were always made good. I believe every business must do what works best for them....we tried cards, but believe me it was not good for us.

We hope eveyone will understand. I can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate your business. To be honest it's been so hard these past two years with Doug's health and lately mine. I honestly do not know how he does it day to day in that kitchen.....

Please know that we love you all....Kat & Doug

skippertoo

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
Atlanta (Midtown)
Thanks Kat. I understand completely. Does the ATM that you have charge a fee ?

I never carry cash and to tell you the truth I really have to think hard when getting cash, what my number is:D. I bet I get cash out only 2 or 3 times a year. Everything I buy goes on the card (paid in full each month).
Same for checks, now with online billpay, etc I write maybe 5 checks a year and have never even taken my checkbook on vacation.

Thanks sowalgayboi for starting this thread.... I would like to see this one a "sticky".

Skip

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Thanks Kat, I understand the credit card fee thing. I've dealt with it too. AMEX is the all time worst.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks Kat. I understand completely. Does the ATM that you have charge a fee ?

I never carry cash and to tell you the truth I really have to think hard when getting cash, what my number is:D. I bet I get cash out only 2 or 3 times a year. Everything I buy goes on the card (paid in full each month).
Same for checks, now with online billpay, etc I write maybe 5 checks a year and have never even taken my checkbook on vacation.

Thanks sowalgayboi for starting this thread.... I would like to see this one a "sticky".

Skip

:wave:Hey Skip!
The ATM charge is $2.50
I agree with Skip that this is a great thread and helps to let everyone one know the policies for businesses in SoWal. I've been meaning to post about our recent credit card change. I'm glad to post it on a thread where a lot of people will be reading!

Thanks sgb!:clap:

:party:Kat