• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
They say China needed the Olympics to show the world what they have.

I say the USA needed it to remind us what we have always had!! :clap:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I was yelling and screaming too, then I realized, ok this race has already happened, right :dunno:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
is it just me or do the gymnastics devices look like some sort of torture implements...the balance beam, the rings, pommel horse....it's amazing what they do on these things...

Believe me they are torture implements, hardest class I took in college. :blink:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
what the heck was that thing on her shoulder? :blink:

I asked my husband the exact same thing. :blink:

Ok here is the answer.

She had surgery on her shoulder and it a sort of a bandage that reduces pain and keeps the blood flowing

Also:

That is Kinesio Tape, developed in Japan for elastic support of muscles to allow muscles to relax and keep them from spasming. This tape also acts as a support. It is used in conjunction with the anatomy of the muscle and the use of the muscle that needs support

Last edited:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Phelps got a big freaking gift wrapped gold. I have never seen anything like that final leg. :yikes: They seem like a great bunch of guys.

I hate to cast a shadow on such glory but we had dinner with good friends tonight and their daughter's boyfriend knows Michael Phelps and says he's an arrogant SOB who is very full of himself. His athletic prowess knows no bounds and apparently neither does his ego.

I don't honestly know how it could be otherwise given the media attention Olympic atheletes receive. They're fawned upon 24/7 so I can't imagine anyone Michael's age in his same situation, with his same talent, could not have a stuffed head. If he's the great guy he appears to be, he'll calm down and be his regular self when it's all over. His regular friends back home hope so. :blush:

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
As of today, Phelps is at 9 total gold medals. I agree with singinchicken... he'll pass them. He's quite an incredible athlete.

As for ego, I can understand that. I still think it's cool that he's barely older than me, and he's shattering records and making history.