• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Meanwhile, the food is very good, prices are reasonable, it is close by, the people are very nice, and the menu design is very pretty. Mariachi band plays 8/29/08. They would love to be south of the bay but lease prices are kind of high.

MAN, I am going to be soooooo bummed. I love that place and just found it not too long ago. Last I heard he was moving south of bay. I hope he finds something. I think he would do well. Who doesnt love GREAT mexican!

snowman

Beach Lover
Apr 1, 2008
Gonna have to try this before it's too late. Still can't understand how the Mexican food is so bad around here. I would think even a half way decent place would kill it around here. The Laredo was unbelievably bad and disappointing especially considering how much it costs compared to the good Mexican stuff. Need a new saying around here. Instead of where's the beef? Where's the burritos man?:dunno:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Unfortunately Mexican restaurants don't seem to last around here. It's odd since there seems to be one ever 2 blocks in PCB.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
What do you guys order that is good? I've been twice and it was ok both times but not what I was expecting. I used to love the steak tacos with corn tortillas at Cocos. Not so crazy about the same dish at Taqueria. I am open to trying again so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
What do you guys order that is good? I've been twice and it was ok both times but not what I was expecting. I used to love the steak tacos with corn tortillas at Cocos. Not so crazy about the same dish at Taqueria. I am open to trying again so any recommendations would be appreciated.

I like the mexican-style tacos. The other day we had chile rellenos and flautas. Both were good. BTW - the french fries are about as good as a french fry can get.

snowman

Beach Lover
Apr 1, 2008
Unfortunately Mexican restaurants don't seem to last around here. It's odd since there seems to be one ever 2 blocks in PCB.

But has there ever been one that actually had good food though? I think a good one would do well, it's just got to be better than this (*&^%^%)*** like Pepito's and Laredo serves up and calls food.

Sorry to be so harsh, but I get really emotional about Mexican food and that's one of the only dining weaknesses around here. Once you've had the really good stuff its hard to go back.

Last edited:

DavidD

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2008
Seagrove
www.davidDdesign.com
I love the Taqueria el Calentano. I've not really had authentic Mexican in Mexico to judge it by, but I do know that lots of Latinos in our area go there for those hard to find specialties like la lengua, cabeza, and menudo if that means anything. They say one family drives from Navarre every weekend for the soup. I love their chorizo which they make themselves (specifically the chorizo sandwich and their version of a Cubano). Love it!