• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Actually your attitudes are an eye-opener to me. If you went to a holiday party around here without a fur, you'd be essentially the only one. Not that I'm a conformist (actually just the opposite), but fur just feels good and warm.

But I'm outta here on this issue. Slam me all you'd like. We all have our opinions, and no one is going to change anyone else's mind. Sort of like politics and religion.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I am mixed on the fur thing. I mean, I like leather and eat meat. I have a steak in the fridge and a saddle on my stairwell railing. Love my leather shoes. Crave my KFC. Animals are dying for me.

BUT- I have a fur phobia from 2 traumatic childhood events. At church, I always ended up in the pew behind the lady with the fox stole. The kind with the little beady eyed fox heads - and she always had them looking back at ME. Nightmarish.

My grandfather was the "Cadillac" generation- he thought the 2 possessions of a successful man were a big Caddie and a fur coat for his wife (maybe he was pre-P Diddy). I will never forget the look on her face when she opened up that fur coat Christmas morning- I thought she was going to pass out. She dam# near did, and not out of happiness. Someone managed to capture the moment on film- not her most flattering picture. She hated that critter and never wore it. Same with the Cadillac- made my grandfather drive it.

BTW- PETA needs a new spokesperson. The people who dig Pamela Anderson are the last people who are going to quit eating KFC, and probably wouldn't know a research lab if it hit them in their a$$. They are looking at her boobs. PETA donations are being horribly misspent by their clueless PR. When they can start throwing some legit and literate spokespeople out, I might give them a listen. Right now, they are just funny.

Sorry, rant. I'm in a mood tonight. Dinner at my MIL's. :shock:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Beach Runner said:
Actually your attitudes are an eye-opener to me. If you went to a holiday party around here without a fur, you'd be essentially the only one. Not that I'm a conformist (actually just the opposite), but fur just feels good and warm.

But I'm outta here on this issue. Slam me all you'd like. We all have our opinions, and no one is going to change anyone else's mind. Sort of like politics and religion.

Not intended as a slam BR. Sorry that's how you took it. I was just puzzled. Not intending to try and change your mind. It's ok if we all don't agree. We're all friends here. Aren't we?:dunno:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
jdarg said:
I am mixed on the fur thing. I mean, I like leather and eat meat. I have a steak in the fridge and a saddle on my stairwell railing. Love my leather shoes. Crave my KFC. Animals are dying for me.

BUT- I have a fur phobia from 2 traumatic childhood events. At church, I always ended up in the pew behind the lady with the fox stole. The kind with the little beady eyed fox heads - and she always had them looking back at ME. Nightmarish.

My grandfather was the "Cadillac" generation- he thought the 2 possessions of a successful man were a big Caddie and a fur coat for his wife (maybe he was pre-P Diddy). I will never forget the look on her face when she opened up that fur coat Christmas morning- I thought she was going to pass out. She dam# near did, and not out of happiness. Someone managed to capture the moment on film- not her most flattering picture. She hated that critter and never wore it. Same with the Cadillac- made my grandfather drive it.

BTW- PETA needs a new spokesperson. The people who dig Pamela Anderson are the last people who are going to quit eating KFC, and probably wouldn't know a research lab if it hit them in their a$$. They are looking at her boobs. PETA donations are being horribly misspent by their clueless PR. When they can start throwing some legit and literate spokespeople out, I might give them a listen. Right now, they are just funny.

Sorry, rant. I'm in a mood tonight. Dinner at my MIL's. :shock:

I hear ya girlfriend, the M-I-L thing just kinda turns you to the dark side. ;-)

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Dreaming watercolor said:
I am coming to watercolor with 4 boys in tow and this is our first Thanksgiving in our home in W/C. Can the boys swim or is it just tooooo cold
Your boys can swim in the cold water but they might suffer from significant shrinkage.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Sueshore said:
Yeah right! I'm waiting to hear just how many furs BR has! I am not a member of PETA, btw.

me neither. best peta story ever though - this really stupid guy had a little puppy in a crate in freezing waether - just left it there - somebody looked up the number of some peta people and the puppy just disappeared - the guy came into work totally pissed off - turns out they had hacked his credit card number and put the puppy in the best suite of the posh-est hotel in town with full room service doggie meals 3 times a day! served the a$$hole right - and the guy that gave him the puppy took the puppy back!