• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Which candidate will you support for District 5 County Commissioner?

• Alan Osborne

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Bob Hudson

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Cecelia Jones

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • George Wallace Smith

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Sid Braunstein

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Might be a good idea to remind supporters about the campaigning rules near voting locations.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the lady chatting to someone IN the election office while wearing a t-shirt advocating that people vote for a certain candidate is a no-no! :roll:
I believe you are right and you are wrong. If the lady was actually campaigning for a candidate: i.e. "vote for so and so because we need him/her", then you are right. If she was merely wearing the tee shirt and was there to vote, was not discussing the races and was not passing out campaign literature, then you are wrong, IMO.

destinscuba

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
on Eastern Lake
I went on friday (#356) @ about 2p, I did overhear one of the workers telling the women overseeing them that the turn out was heavier then it was the previous days.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I believe you are right and you are wrong. If the lady was actually campaigning for a candidate: i.e. "vote for so and so because we need him/her", then you are right. If she was merely wearing the tee shirt and was there to vote, was not discussing the races and was not passing out campaign literature, then you are wrong, IMO.

I'm not sure on the exact rules (google failed me), but common sense would dictate that if I am inside the polling place and in the process of voting in a election, I should not be looking at something that reads "vote for candidate x." :wave:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I'm not sure on the exact rules (google failed me), but common sense would dictate that if I am inside the polling place and in the process of voting in a election, I should not be looking at something that reads "vote for candidate x." :wave:

Should not hang out. But can conduct business is my understanding. I always try to take off any buttons and such before I go into the courthouse office. People are going to talk no matter what you do, but try to give them less to talk about.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Walton County could probably double voter turnout if Kurt would unplug Sowal.com for an hour or two.

princepesa

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2008
Voter turnout has been a problem for years. If South Walton got together, they could elect almost anyone to office with the numbers of voters in south. But if they stay lazy they
will most likely still be underrepresented even in their own districts. Too bad. People like to moan and groan but don't want to bother to vote.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
I have about 10 signs that just say "Please Vote." If you would be willing to stand in SoWal and wave this sign at least 10 hours this week (and several hours on election day near SoWal polling places), stop by tomorrow and pick one up. Suggest entrance near Sandestin, 98 and along 30A intersections.