• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wildernester

Beach Lover
Apr 29, 2005
Chatta/Grayton
Certainly Watercolor, Rosemary, Seaside (thanks in part to Jim Carey) and others evoke just enough of that Disney, plastic aura to keep us alert to preserve as much of the old Grayton-30A atmosphere as is possible in these relatively good economic times. Thanks to WU and WU online for poking fun at and holes in our redneck version of Nirvana.

Of course, on a day like today, it's hard to complain.

(Insert applauding Smilie)

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Santiago said:
In regards to Mountainfilm, I think that that Jim Pettigrew, a realtor at Watercolor who came here from Telluride, is largely responsible for its being here. I imagine that they were willing to underwrite it to make it happen. Speaking off the subject, if you haven't been to Mountainfilm, make a point of going next year. It is outstanding.

mountainfilm tours all over the world after the festival on memorial day weekend. we were hired by watercolor via the marketing department to help stimulate traffic and brand awareness. those of you who have been to them have seen the growth, and it's because of you that mountainfilm at watercolor has become a sowal event, more than a watercolor event. it is our largest tour stop and gets larger every year. not sure if we'll ever grow into another theater or not. we tried it on year two and there were about 12 people there. :dunno: thanks for your continued support.

cil, i think it was the opening of the ski area and the development of mtn village that was the cause of the real estate boom in telluride, more than the telluride film festival.

jr