• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I think this Fay is a very fickle hurricane; looks like alot of us might be affected.

My evacuation place is in Dothan. Jason Kelley just drew a line through Dothan. :angry:

And y'all who have kids in Tallahassee, tell them to hunker down and do NOT take any side streets (or main streets, for that matter). Tennessee Street is known to flood, and several years ago a young man in a small Kia got washed into a storm drain in Frenchtown and his drowned body was pulled from his car south of the stadium. It would be a good idea for them to stock up and stay out of the bars this week / weekend.

Noles
I cut-and-pasted this for my kid. He is actually a good kid, way better than his big brother was, but still. I am kinda freaked out about this whole thing. In some ways it's the waiting around that makes it worse than actually dealing with it.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Noles
I cut-and-pasted this for my kid. He is actually a good kid, way better than his big brother was, but still. I am kinda freaked out about this whole thing. In some ways it's the waiting around that makes it worse than actually dealing with it.

Stay safe on the east coast!

This Fay is crazy stuff! But I have a new BFF- Dr. Jeff Masters. I LOVE his blog- he has great style, even if he is only discussing the weather!

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Looks like Georgia's going to get some serious rain from this thing, and we might get a little as well.

223231W_sm.gif

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hey Nohall start evacuating and come here or start building an Ark!!!!:rotfl::funn::lol::D:love:

EVACUATE?! If we get the 15" I heard about today, I'll send you the pictures of me dancing in it! :clap: (And I'm an excellent swimmer, so no worries.)

Besides that, my neighbor has no less than 4 large boats in his yard. I'm good.

I am praying for mercy for my friends in Florida, though...

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Stay safe on the east coast!

This Fay is crazy stuff! But I have a new BFF- Dr. Jeff Masters. I LOVE his blog- he has great style, even if he is only discussing the weather!

Jeff Masters is THE MAN.

He will tell you the stuff that the talking heads on TWC don't even have a clue about, without all the sensationalism.

But, he'll get direct when he needs to. He called the need to evacuate NO for Katrina on Wednesday. It struck Saturday. On Wed., everyone else was sitting there with their thumb up their @#$ going "Oh, it's coming to the east of NO so we're OK".

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Jeff Masters is THE MAN.

He will tell you the stuff that the talking heads on TWC don't even have a clue about, without all the sensationalism.

But, he'll get direct when he needs to. He called the need to evacuate NO for Katrina on Wednesday. It struck Saturday. On Wed., everyone else was sitting there with their thumb up their @#$ going "Oh, it's coming to the east of NO so we're OK".

I love him. I love how he started calling this storm the Joker way before it really started acting like an insane terrorist. :blink: I respect him so much that when I talk about his forecasts to Mr. TFT I call him "Dr. Masters."

"Let's see what Dr. Masters says."
"Dr. Masters will explain it."
"Dr. Masters said this thing is going back to the Gulf of Mexico.":shock:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
I love him. I love how he started calling this storm the Joker way before it really started acting like an insane terrorist. :blink: I respect him so much that when I talk about his forecasts to Mr. TFT I call him "Dr. Masters."

"Let's see what Dr. Masters says."
"Dr. Masters will explain it."
"Dr. Masters said this thing is going back to the Gulf of Mexico.":shock:

That is a serious concern for sure. I don't think I've ever seen a storm rake the panhandle or worse, trott along 100 miles south of the beach. I'm paying more attention now than ever before.