• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I am thoroughly amazed. The squall that blew in during my Robert & Mark meet & greet was worse than this. Wind isn't even blowing now!

Not to wish bad stuff on anyone, but let's hope the rest of the season goes our way too.

You are so right on point for that one. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give Fay a -5. This storm has done nothing but convince new arrivals to the area that tropical storms are nothing but hype. Fay's real death toll will be in the future.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Stay away Ms. Faye
No vacancy in Sowal
Unwelcome tourist

Rain, rain, come our way:
We have lots of room for Fay!

Scientifically, the only possible explanation for Fay's ultimate meandering is that poetry works. Please keep fingers poised over keyboard for next wave, BeachSiO2 and NoHall. :clap:

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
:clap: Sitting in our house in Sunrise Beach...had "CrabFeast" at Elmos with our kids and grandkids...thankfully we made it in from Illinois w/o any problems! Came in from Cullman today with only a steady rain from Montgomery to Andulusia then from that point even across the bridge...barely a drizzle. My biggest fear was the 331 bridge & flash flooding, however, that just hasn't happened yet! Thanks to all for the info and well wishes, we are looking forward to our family time at the beach...rain or shine....just thankful we made it!
:wave:beachma! Was just talking about you with lucky the other day; she was telling me your vacation schedule. Glad you made it safely!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave:beachma! Was just talking about you with lucky the other day; she was telling me your vacation schedule. Glad you made it safely!

:dunno:...I feel out of the loop. Info?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Here's why Fay skipped SoWal. I was vacationing in SoWal and got into survival mode and went to Publix and bought enough food for the family and me to survive without electricity through Monday, fully assuming our late afternoon flight on Saturday was going to be cancelled due to Fay. But, noooooooooo, because I planned for the storm and spend lots of money and time on canned food, flashlights, batteries, candles, etc., Us, People, and In touch Magazine to read by candlelight, Fay didn't come. If I hadn't planned for Fay, I'm sure she would have come over SoWalton as planned and turned into a category 1 or 2 hurricane. So, I single-handledly saved the day. :D