• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
There seem to be quite a few homes for sale in "Blue Gulf Resort". Can anyone tell me where this is, and if it's within walking distance to the beach? Has this area sustained much hurricane damage? Thanks in advance.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
There seem to be quite a few homes for sale in "Blue Gulf Resort". Can anyone tell me where this is, and if it's within walking distance to the beach? Has this area sustained much hurricane damage? Thanks in advance.

Hi Ohio Girl,
There are about a dozen houses on the market in Blue Gulf Resort, some older but mostly newer construction. This is in Blue Mtn Beach, some homes are on the north side of 30-A and quite a few on the south side and there may be gulf views from the south side homes. I actually lived in that neighborhood right after Opal and there was no damage that I recall. We normally drove over to a public beach access behind Goatfeathers, really close. This was before they built the Blue Mtn Inn and there may be an access thru there, would have to check for you. If you would like more info PM me with your email address.
Franny

Last edited:

casalaporte

Beach Crab
Aug 24, 2008

I didn't think there were many homes for sale here, but I am sure interested to know which ones., The community is located in Blue Mountain Beach. We are on the North side of the road centered between the Village at Blue Mountain on 30-A & the infamous Brickyard homes on 30-A.
Blue Mountain Beach is the highest point in the Panhandle, including the Texas Panhandle. and so, no, we do not have any hurricane damage.

I can be on the beach, casually walking with my dog. in 8 minutes.

Hope this clarifies things for you.
Blue Gulf Girl

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Ahhh...the brickyard......what memories of that place in my youth. My parents owned one eons ago and I had many friends that lived there. I recall you cannot turn around in the master bath....and if you are a bit over weight, forget getting in there at all!

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I didn't think there were many homes for sale here, but I am sure interested to know which ones., The community is located in Blue Mountain Beach. We are on the North side of the road centered between the Village at Blue Mountain on 30-A & the infamous Brickyard homes on 30-A.
Blue Mountain Beach is the highest point in the Panhandle, including the Texas Panhandle. and so, no, we do not have any hurricane damage.

I can be on the beach, casually walking with my dog. in 8 minutes.

Hope this clarifies things for you.
Blue Gulf Girl

The original post was from two years ago, but I will check for homes currently on the market and let you know.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Does anyone know more about the history of Blue Gulf? I had always thought that the brick homes were affiliated with the military but I heard that they were once tied to the mafia and I want to know more. I heard there was a clubhouse, bar, etc...

Thanks!
Gidget

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Thanks - that's a start - I would love to know more. Maybe I should start a new thread apart from real estate.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Gidget,

My understanding is that Blue Gulf Resort or The Brickyard was originally military housing for an airstrip during WWII in Grayton. I have also heard that the building that houses the kitchen at Pandora's was part of that installation. Rumor has it that it became a gangster hideout after that and during the 50's and 60's was a family style resort. There used to be some old fair style signage and pieces of amusement rides to the west of the Retreat entrance. A friend of ours that lives in the brickyard told us when they moved into their house and had phones installed that one of the bedrooms had over 8 lines already installed in it. Kind of conducive to a bookie.

I do know that they used to have a radio station back in the day, but that's all I'll say publicly about that. :D