• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
had a wonderful dinner tonight at george's. grilled fish tacos, sea scallops, fried shrimp basket, and grilled salmon - everyone had something different. chocolate goo for dessert. and it was all terrific. great friends, great food. a perfect 10 on the yum scale! :clap:

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
it is in the old sandor's building that was moved from 395 (next to seagrove village market) to alys beach this year. question to george's (or anyone who knows) - is that the restaurant's parking lot next door (to the east of the building)? it looks finished, but no one was parked in it last night, so we didn't park there either. i sure hope so, because parking will always be at a premium with such great food!

conched out

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2008
Had dinner there with my daughter a couple weeks ago...food was delicious, fabuluous views
on the patio. Very friendly staff. Will go back often when we're down (there:)

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
it is in the old sandor's building that was moved from 395 (next to seagrove village market) to alys beach this year. question to george's (or anyone who knows) - is that the restaurant's parking lot next door (to the east of the building)? it looks finished, but no one was parked in it last night, so we didn't park there either. i sure hope so, because parking will always be at a premium with such great food!

Yes you can park there, or on the street, or on the opposite side of the street. Good luck!!

bdc63

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2006
Md for now, but dreaming of SoWal
had a wonderful dinner tonight at george's. grilled fish tacos, sea scallops, fried shrimp basket, and grilled salmon - everyone had something different. chocolate goo for dessert. and it was all terrific. great friends, great food. a perfect 10 on the yum scale! :clap:

Wow, that sounds good. Can't wait to try it on my next trip down. Thanks for the recomendation.

Muffey

Beach Crab
May 8, 2009
George's not so great

I couldn't disagree more about the food and especially the service (or lack of) at George's. From the moment our party of 6 walked in, there was confusion among the wait staff -- we didn't receive a menu for more than 20 minutes; the drink orders were taken at different times, our meal came without the silver wear and we had to ask the hostess for it.

Did I mention that they weren't that busy? There's no excuse for poor service when there's plenty of empty tables.

To add insult, the restaurant automatically added an 18% service charge to our meal. Maybe that's why we rec'd such poor service; the waiter knew a $80 tip was coming regardless.

Our entrees were lackluster. All 6 of us tried something different and thought our dishes were flavorless; we ended up adding lots of salt to give the dishes some life.

And the Chocolate Goo is accurately described; it is one big mess. Save yourself 8 bucks and buy some brownies and ice cream at Publix; it will be higher quality ingredients.

Don't confuse a good vibe with good food; the front desk folks are warm and we were seated immediately. But things fell apart after that. There's much better restaurants on 30A if you want a delightful meal. My fav if you want a lovely meal is Gravel Road. You'll spend about the same as you would at George's, but walk away with an entirely different experience.

conched out

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2008
Have been there many times and strongly disagree with the food not being anything less than
delicious. Always have had wonderful service. Hope that you made someone aware of your dissatisfaction with the service...those things happen from time to time at most restaurants and especially in the larger groups. Regarding the 18% service charge most restaurants have a sign or the server will mention it off the bat. Usually used for a party of 8 or 10 though. I have to admit that
it's a little unusal for a party of 6.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I had an afternoon and George's that was no less than perfect. I went with my books in hand hoping for a yummy lunch and a peaceful spot to read for an hour or so.

I was seated at a tiny table (at my request) out of the way and immediately had my Diet Coke. Ann (Mrs. George) herself came to say hello and was happy to tell me what she liked on the menu.

I had the Chicken Something (a french word that I'm too much of a redneck to remember.) It was on the "behave" side of the menu. It was wonderful and had a little kick to it. The waitress refilled my Diet Coke every time I looked up from my book.

When I was finished, I was glad that she offered me a dessert menu before I had to bear the indignity of begging for it. I wasn't sure if nice people had dessert with lunch, but I was in the mood for it. The waitress recommended George's Ice Cream Sandwich. I wondered why it was more than 50 cents, but I was spoiling myself and didn't dwell on it.

She brought me the most wonderful mountain of love I've had in a long time. 2 slices of chocolate chip cake with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and a scoop of chocolate mousse between them. No one was shooing me out the door, so I took my time and finished every wonderful bit of it.

The entire experience was one of the most contented moments of my week. If you want to spoil yourself with some food I highly recommend checking George's out.