• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

AuntJulz

Beach Comber
Sep 15, 2007
Yeah...I'm hoping (and praying) that it the models will change once again....They will probably change 10 more times in the next 3 days. Yesterday it looked decent, today...not so much. I don't even think we can cancel at this point!

ohmom

Beach Lover
Aug 2, 2008
fairfield, ohio
local news in Cincy tonight showed our local Red Cross emergency response vehicle packing up...they are heading to Montgomery to wait...my fondest hope is they will not be needed...stay safe everyone, prayers for all

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I have several Russian friends who are very sensitive. I am just trying to look out for them.

I don't have any russian friends, but I went to a wedding in Sweden so I can't say anything bad about them either. :D

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Maybe a silly question but how far does one need to go to off the coast to get to safety?

Not a silly question at all.

Growing up in Andalusia (approx. 65 - 70 miles from coast), we felt the effects of hurricanes and tropical storms all the time. Major wind damage, trees uprooted; terrifying at times. All the motels were full with evacuees.

Depending on the storm category, I would at least travel that distance or further north, based on my experience.

:wave: