• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Niceville High School sophomore football player Taylor Haugen died yesterday as the result of injuries suffered in Friday night's game against Fort Walton Beach. As the mother of a teenage son who plays sports, my heart goes out to his family. Hug your children a little tighter today. Tragic events like this certainly serve to refocus our perspective, and to remind us of what's truly important.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/football_10714___article.html/game_high.html

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
This just makes me so sad. We know people who were at the game and my husband used to play for NHS (football and baseball). It's just totally tragic :sosad:

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
That is terrible. I just can't even imagine:cry:

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I have been unable to shake this since I opened the paper this morning and read the headline. That could have been my son. . . .

Things like this are just not supposed to happen.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I can't stop thinking about this either.......so tragic! What could have happened for him to have an abdominal injury that killed him? He apparantly was sacked by 2 players in the gut. Sounds to me like involuntary manslaughter.............why are people so enthralled with football? It's barbaric!!! Where is the outrage!:cry: