• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Some incredibly reckless people are letting their very small child play in the surf and outfall. It isn't high tide yet. A rogue wave could easily sweep that child out. Crazy.

:yikes:I'm heading to the top of the stairs to show the kids what it's like, but NO WHERE near the water!!!! (And not even the stairs if it's not safe!) Mama Nature doesn't play & I'm just not that careless. Praying the parents get some sense.

Last edited:

krafty

Beach Lover
Jul 16, 2005
North Dakota
Hi, DD!

Thanks for asking. Today will be about 80 and breezy with chances of thunderstorms. Cold weather is hopefully a LONG way off, at least a few months.

Sounds like the SE is going to get soaked, and then there's Hannah.......

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Hi, DD!

Thanks for asking. Today will be about 80 and breezy with chances of thunderstorms. Cold weather is hopefully a LONG way off, at least a few months.

Sounds like the SE is going to get soaked, and then there's Hannah.......

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

I always think of you when I hear about those first "cold fronts" in the fall.
Yep, I think the whole Gulf coast is getting soaked and pounded. I have my uncle here from LA.
The weather here is good today...hot and humid. I think the rain will get to us tomorrow or Wed. God knows we need it, but I hate it for the folks down south. :sosad:

Sparky

Beach Comber
Dec 6, 2006
Thanks for the update on Gustav

Thanks for the update. Sitting here up north I don't get much hurricane news about SOWAL. All the attention is on NOLA (as it should be). Yet, owning a home in SOWAL can get a guy pretty nervous during these hurricanes. This is a great website to get information and pictures. Thanks to all for keeping me informed. And God bless the people who are being hurt in this storm.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Here's a good cam from Gulf Shores.

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
Here are a few pics this morning from Ramsgate access again.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PC

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2005
TN
Thanks for the pics and updates... Could someone check out the watercolor beach and see how bad it is, possibly take some pics?

Thanks

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Hope someone gets some pics for you soon. The pics posted by TNJed at Ramsgate are in the Eastern Lake area and are about 3 miles to the east of WaterColor. Imagine what is happening there is pretty close to what is going on at WaterColor. WaterSound is about 1 mile to the west of Eastern Lake. The big difference is WaterColor and especially WaterSound built far back from the shore.

Last edited: