• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LIR

Beach Crab
Sep 20, 2007
I was greatly concerned this past week to see a plane flying over the beach advertising "Free Drinks until 9:30" at the Village Door in Sandestin. Is that legal??

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
:leaving:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I was greatly concerned this past week to see a plane flying over the beach advertising "Free Drinks until 9:30" at the Village Door in Sandestin. Is that legal??

I'm greatly concerned that you didn't post it until now :angry:

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
It's legal if they don't catch you. Now where the heck is the Village Door?

Baytown. It's actually a really popular spot for tourists looking to party, at least according to my husband who works in a hotel.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Maybe offering free drinks to the yay-hoos that are swimming with double red flags is the only way the sheriff's department can get them out of the water.

I can just see everyone grabbing their towels and heading for their cars!:lol:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I wish someone would offer a free drink for every campaign sign turned in. This county would be clean in 2hours.

slimm

Beach Comber
Aug 24, 2008
giving free drinks is perfectly legal. and yes the village door does do a free drinks special. they do however short poor during that time so as to keep the consumption to as small an mount as possible.

the village door used to be the famous door, same owner, different name.

matter of fact, a lot of the 'clubs' in the area do free drinks at some point during the week. im sure any drunk with enough time and energy to research a little could find free drinks most of the week and save a little cash. maybe ill do that!!

slimm