• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

greenroomsurfer

Beach Fanatic
Nov 24, 2006
Where Free Speech Is Allowed
Yes, yes and yes!!!! I would go every weekend if I could. Mexico Beach, Port St. Joe, Cape San blas, Indian Pass and Apalachicola all within a few minutes of each other and see them in this order. All in one day or half one day stay the night and the rest the next day. I always run into somebody there from over here kinda like the airport in Atlanta.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I love Mexico Beach. There are so many shells on the beach. They have a nice pier as well.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Go go go, it's a grayt trip and it has always amazed me the drive along the "other" 30A.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We always leave for So.Wal the night before we are scheduled to check in - so that we have a full day in Fl. We will head out of our way to visit spots we might not normally drive to once we get there - Mobile, Pensacola, Pananma City, etc. Appalachicola area we have found to be a great spot to look for shells (hope it is still alright to look for shells) and to see dolphins. Went into a nice little spot for breakfast the last time, across the street near the public beach. (This past June, the bridge at Pensacola/Navarre was closed - don't think there was a sign - so we had to head back around. Had a nice outdoor meal in Navarre near the bridge - across the street.)
We're not scheduled to go back until June 2009, but I think I need to head down there for a week after Xmas. We are slowly transforming the interior of our house from a northern/burgundy/evergreen interior with rugs to wood floors, yellow walls, white trim, white curtains, blue and peach accessories. We can close the curtains and pretend the beach is across the street. Sad:)

port albert

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Wakulla Springs

Would highly recommend visiting Wakulla Springs State Park on your day at Appalachicola. We do it every 2-3 years. They have a great old hotel, good dining room and a wonderful 1 hour boat ride through the springs. You will see neverending wildlife including alligators, herons, many birds etc.

It is no more than 20-30 minutes north of 98.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
There is a fantastic antique/cool stuff shop right off the main drag of Apalach with really neat things in it called The Barn....I believe. It may be The Red Barn. Its fun not expensive. Nostalgic!

I think it is called the Tin Shed.............:D