• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Good lord, what if it hits NOLA??

The concern for New Orleans is very real, but I am selfishly concerned that it will hit US. :eek:

Quoting a colleague in Bradenton, it would be great if Ike decided to play nice and just go away. But that doesn't look likely.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Dr. Jeff is giving Ike a 70% chance of hitting the Gulf Coast somewhere....:sosad:

Hey BeachSiO2- y'all stay safe and keep us updated- does the puppy have a little life preserver?:love:

Just a reminder that the "Gulf Coast" runs from Key West Florida to the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico. ;-):wave:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Just a reminder that the "Gulf Coast" runs from Key West Florida to the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico. ;-):wave:

Ike does not look like our friend right now. Is there a Tina in the Sowal house that he doesn't?

Here's what I am reading right now...

Hurricane Ike continues to move to the west-southwest as a large area of high pressure extends across the Atlantic to the north of the hurricane. This motion is likely to continue through tomorrow, followed by a gradual turn to the west on Sunday as Ike approaches The Bahamas. Our latest computer model guidance continues to maintain the area of high pressure to the north of Ike over the next few days. We expect Ike to pass over the western Bahamas on Monday night. Thereafter, it will begin a gradual turn to the west-northwest as the high pressure system north of Ike begins to weaken. By Tuesday night, Ike will begin approaching the Florida Keys as a major hurricane as it turns to the northwest. On Wednesday, Ike will slow in forward speed as it moves toward the northwest over the eastern Gulf of Mexico, generally toward the Florida Panhandle or perhaps a little farther west. It is too early to rule out a track even farther to west toward the north-central Gulf Coast.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
IF Ike hits New Orleans just right...
IF Ike strengthens as predicted...
there will be loss of life. Too many people are financially drained from the Gustav evacuation to flee again. Even the indigent who were transported and housed for free are vowing not to leave again because the process was so trying on them. Trouble is brewing.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
From the look of the tired folks leaving the shelter at Walker's school yesterday, they will not evacuate again. You're right.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
IF Ike hits New Orleans just right...
IF Ike strengthens as predicted...
there will be loss of life. Too many people are financially drained from the Gustav evacuation to flee again. Even the indigent who were transported and housed for free are vowing not to leave again because the process was so trying on them. Trouble is brewing.

From the look of the tired folks leaving the shelter at Walker's school yesterday, they will not evacuate again. You're right.

After the much heated debate about people who didn't evacuate during Katrina the other day. I was defending to a degree those that didn't. I have to say that IF this happens the pity level is going to be very low for those that stay. You should NEVER be too tired to save your own life.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Even if you don't believe in prayer...start praying. :sosad:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Latest guesstimates are pushing it farther west, not to the Panhandle, as there is a high pressure system on top of it. Current movement is southwest. For NOW, Sowal is looking better but our central and western Gulf Coasters need to watch out.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Latest guesstimates are pushing it farther west, not to the Panhandle, as there is a high pressure system on top of it. Current movement is southwest. For NOW, Sowal is looking better but our central and western Gulf Coasters need to watch out.

Do I need to think about going back to my hometown?