• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

colby

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2007
Well, we've got a solid plan B. We're going to fly into Birmingham if anything is wrong at MSY.

Funny thing is that by the time our flight leaves on Sunday, Ike will likely be somewhere in Texas, which could make simply flying out of Dallas a problem.

But heck or high water, we'll be down there next week. Can't wait : D

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Looks like more of a direct hit now along the South Texas coast and Mexico. Does not even show it touching LA right now according to the weather channel video I just viewed. But they were also showing a couple of different scenarios. It is still over Cuba and is a category 1 right now. Don't know how much it will strengthen.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I am seeing Matagorda Bay on Friday with a curving motion so that it will be in Dallas on Saturday morning as a small tropical storm. I hope DD sees that and is watching. I know Kitty is.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I am seeing Matagorda Bay on Friday with a curving motion so that it will be in Dallas on Saturday morning as a small tropical storm. I hope DD sees that and is watching. I know Kitty is.

PawPaw says this storm reminds him of Carla in 1961. :shock: I think it's time to get PawPaw. Thanks BeachSiO2!

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
PawPaw says this storm reminds him of Carla in 1961. :shock: I think it's time to get PawPaw. Thanks BeachSiO2!

No problem, email is in route.

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
The storm's ultimate track is all dependent on timing. If it slows down in the Gulf it would likely have a more northern track. Right now, it's track is eerily close to Rita's when she was this far out. That doesn't mean too much, except to show that the timing for that northern turn is important and that everyone in that area (from South TX to TX/Louisiana border) should be prepared.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal

:love:Thanks. Yep, I've been watching and reading your posts. Kitty, I'll go with to get Paw Paw if you need me to. Looks like I might have my uncle back too. :dunno:

PC

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2005
TN
Water level already rising. Red flag waving. Here at WC they are in process of pulling everything off the beach.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
BeachSiO2 - Is the latest for Ike to maybe be near Dallas on Saturday or Sunday? I've seen it both ways. Thanks.

Well, up until a little bit ago it was Sunday. Now they are saying they will be moving landfall north, closer to Houston (and PawPaw) on their next advisory. So the Dallas part may change too. I will post when its updated.

On another note the Fire Department has now posted double red flags and the waves should continue to increase in Sowal.