• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Slovin

Beach Crab
Jul 23, 2007
After reading about the scams, I started using PayPal for my VRBO rentals. I send out electronic invoices and renters don't have to be a member to pay. Credit card fees are 2.9%, and renters can still pay by check if they qualify through PayPal (protects me).

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
After reading about the scams, I started using PayPal for my VRBO rentals. I send out electronic invoices and renters don't have to be a member to pay. Credit card fees are 2.9%, and renters can still pay by check if they qualify through PayPal (protects me).

Paypal protects no one but Paypal, if you have a problem don't expect anything help from them. I have had horrible experiences with them.

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
I have been getting a lot of inquiries through VRBO lately for my ski property from people coming to 'work' the winter season and asking about monthly rates. Usually they are from Brazil or Mexico or somewhere. Simple reply is that we don't rent monthly during prime season. They are all so similar looking that some I don't even reply at all.

You Rang?

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2008
I never got that from VRBO but when I used craigslist I got 1 every other day
"greetings, my name is Dr.________ and want to reserve your property for a week in _____. Please tell me the price and my wifes company will send you a check." blablabla