• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
the Daily News is reporting that the Gulf has breached Highway 98 on Okaloosa Island. All four lanes are closed; now they are saying three lanes are closed, other one may be closed.

www.nwfdailynews.com

Last edited:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Hopefully the post-Dennis armoring project holds and everything is back to normal when the water goes down. It's really not good when one of the area's only big commuter roads is out of commission for any period of time.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Someone said that Gulf Drive was closed too. :dunno:

Awesome waves! Not so great they're washing out the road, but cool to see.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Anyone else think that these past couple of storms could be the free "beach renourishment" we need around here? from the looks of the BMB cam it has covered the last 2-3 steps of that walkover.
EDIT: OCSD reports ALL lanes closed now

Last edited:

Chelle

Beach Crab
Sep 11, 2008
Coming down tomorrow - will the beaches @ Seagrove be closed?

Hi all,

I'm coming down to Seagrove tomorrow (Fri) from Colorado for 5 days and I'm concerned that the high seas are going to wipe out my late summer beach vacation....will they close the beaches because of high surf & erosion issues?

Should I reschedule or come on down?

Thx for any and all advice!
Chelle in Colorado

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
Come on down, Chelle. Weather is supposed to be great the next 5 days, just stay out of the water when the red flags are flying!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Hi all,

I'm coming down to Seagrove tomorrow (Fri) from Colorado for 5 days and I'm concerned that the high seas are going to wipe out my late summer beach vacation....will they close the beaches because of high surf & erosion issues?

Should I reschedule or come on down?

Thx for any and all advice!
Chelle in Colorado

I wouldn't plan on swimming or maybe even sitting on your preferred stretch of the beach during the next couple of days, but I wouldn't cancel.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Anyone else think that these past couple of storms could be the free "beach renourishment" we need around here? from the looks of the BMB cam it has covered the last 2-3 steps of that walkover.
EDIT: OCSD reports ALL lanes closed now

FEMA won't cough up the cash for renourishment unless the area was renourished (at our expense) prior to the de-nourishment by Mother Nature.

Chelle

Beach Crab
Sep 11, 2008
Any ideas from what they're saying down there about when it will be safe to go in the water (or hang on the beach) again? I get in Friday night and leave Wednesday morning, so I'd hate to lose 2 or 3 of my 4 planned beach days...

Thx all for input!
Chelle

northshore

Beach Comber
Aug 2, 2008
The water is rushing under the boardwalk at Ed Walline. It was crashing into the dunes behind the homes. Feels like Hawaii.........