• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Publix might be able to special order it, or Fresh Market in Destin might carry it.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
If our leaders spent as much time worrying about REAL issues as they do messing w/ minor things like foie gras, we wouldn't be in our current pickle!

If our leaders spent as much time worrying about REAL issues as they do messing w/ minor things like foie gras, we wouldn't be in our current pickle!

I think Chicago knows what you mean; apparently Richard Daley changed his mind.
In the link in my previous post about the repealing of the law, the title of the article included the phrase 'Silliest Law Ever'
Forcefeeding is cruel, but you can create foie gras without resorting to it.
It just might not be as gras.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Foie gras and pickles
drooling-5.gif

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
:puke:

Where are my cheez-its?

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
gayboi, I believe you mean steroid-loaded, force-fed, raw, fatty, goose liver. I think it tastes great, but after seeing the tubes shoved down the throats to force feed the geese more than they could eat, and the stapled feet to keep them from moving around and burning calories, I cannot see the benefits out-weighing the detriments, and no longer will I eat it. (just my personal choice. I will still eat many other animals which are not so humanely treated, but I draw the line with fatty goose liver.)

They've developed a new flexible force feeding tube (a kinder gentler delivery). Also not sure if this is a BullSh*t industry line or not, but geese/ducks have hardened throat tissue and cannot feel a tube, so 'they' say.
I can appreciate your choice, but ducks or geese that are used in the production of foie gras, typically are such rock stars, that up until only the last 12 weeks of their lives, are actually allowed to range happily and freely - unlike most other chicken farms. I guess that brings up the separate issue as to whether the inhumanity in part stems from the fact that they're treated very well until the last 12 weeks of life.

Pigs are incredibly bright animals, most researchers certainly have them above the average family dog in terms of intelligence and yet they're force fed in pens and slaughtered........

The goose brain, being the size of the pea gives me some sollace.... If I give up Foie Gras, I'll also have to give up pork, and most other meats.... although perhaps they'rd be some free range chicken that are humanely euthanized (rather than summarily guillotined) that I could partake of.

:)

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
They've developed a new flexible force feeding tube (a kinder gentler delivery). Also not sure if this is a BullSh*t industry line or not, but geese/ducks have hardened throat tissue and cannot feel a tube, so 'they' say.
I can appreciate your choice, but ducks or geese that are used in the production of foie gras, typically are such rock stars, that up until only the last 12 weeks of their lives, are actually allowed to range happily and freely - unlike most other chicken farms. I guess that brings up the separate issue as to whether the inhumanity in part stems from the fact that they're treated very well until the last 12 weeks of life.

Pigs are incredibly bright animals, most researchers certainly have them above the average family dog in terms of intelligence and yet they're force fed in pens and slaughtered........

The goose brain, being the size of the pea gives me some sollace.... If I give up Foie Gras, I'll also have to give up pork, and most other meats.... although perhaps they'rd be some free range chicken that are humanely euthanized (rather than summarily guillotined) that I could partake of.

:)
Start eating free range, grain fed, vegetarian diet volunteers..your neighbors.

Last edited:

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
All this talk of foie gras is making me really want some. We have a line on some grade A foie!!!!