• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
jdarg said:
Personally, I give props to single diners for having enough self confidence to be comfortable alone. Heck, it's likely that they are deep and interesting, and must have their own good thing going on since they're not worried about the perception that they couldn't otherwise find a dining partner...does that make sense?

I agree with you on this- I find solo diners interesting too. There is a sense of mystery there-

Now I've just made myself paranoid. I wonder if anyone thinks I look interesting and mysterious while chowing down and reading! :funn:[/QUOTE]

No, we just all think you look pathetic.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
gotothebeachmom said:
I agree with you on this- I find solo diners interesting too. There is a sense of mystery there-

Now I've just made myself paranoid. I wonder if anyone thinks I look interesting and mysterious while chowing down and reading! :funn:

No, we just all think you look pathetic.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:[/QUOTE]

Paranoid and Pathetic...now there's a combo!!!! Don't be Paranoid about it or you'll never be able to finish that book....you'll be too busy looking around to see who is staring at you thinking you are Pathetic!!!!

Beachside

Beach Comber
Nov 29, 2005
Nashville,TN
rapunzel said:
A friend just clued me into this site when I mentioned what a shame it was that there was no Zagat's for 30-A. It's been wonderful to find so much good advise. There is one feature of the Zagat's that is missing...the Dining Alone list. Always a godsend for business trips, I have used it everywhere and never minded eating out by myself. I am here for a few months and have made a few attempts to go out and it has been so uncomfortable. When I asked for a table for one, one hostess repeated loudly, "You're by yourself? No one else is coming?"

Any suggestions? Maybe a place where it's possible to eat at the bar?

Borago's Bar is one of the best places to join locals for a dine alone evening; I have eaten there many times when down on business and met some wonderful local business folks. Try one of their Martini Marguerita's - awesome!

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
beachmouse said:
We've had Center Ice since the 97-98 season, not only for Da Wings, but also for Hockey Night in Canada because I've got to have my Don Cherry fix. If you're ever in SoWal over the winter months, the Pensacola IcePilots have usually been pretty entertaining bush league hockey, and you can get two ice level seats plus dinner for two at McGuire's for less than the price of one lower bowl NHL ticket.

(hey, if every other topic here eventually turns into SEC football, there should be room for the odd hockey tangent)

I checked out the IcePilot website! I see they have Jr. IcePilots as well! We will check them our for sure if we are ever around when they play. My son would love it! McGuires is pretty good too! :D Here, Here on the hockey tangent!! :rotfl:

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Sueshore said:
No, we just all think you look pathetic.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Paranoid and Pathetic...now there's a combo!!!! Don't be Paranoid about it or you'll never be able to finish that book....you'll be too busy looking around to see who is staring at you thinking you are Pathetic!!!![/QUOTE]

Jdarg, GTTBM and SS... you gulls are too funny!!!! :rotfl: :lolabove:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
FYI- Anyone dining at Borago's for the next few weeks will truely be dining alone, because they are taking their Christmas Break. That's okay. Those guys work hard and deserve a break, and it just makes us love it more when they reopen.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
No, we just all think you look pathetic.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:[/QUOTE]

Watch it babe- I am an International Woman of Mystery now dontcha know! :cool: (Thanks KB- I feel less paranoid and pathetic now)

tylerT

Beach Lover
Nov 22, 2005
wow. 67 replies to a thread topic titled "dining alone" in a little over 24 hours. we're a deep group aren't we.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
tylerT said:
wow. 67 replies to a thread topic titled "dining alone" in a little over 24 hours. we're a deep group aren't we.

Yes we are. No further comment.