• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
PB300006.JPG

Just thought that I would give you a view of the happs at Seaside. The crane is beside Fusion glass store.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I'm not sure I'm crazy about the new heights to which Seaside is rising. :sosad: I do appreciate those blue skies though. It was snowing today in the Midwest.

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Mermaid said:
I'm not sure I'm crazy about the new heights to which Seaside is rising. :sosad: I do appreciate those blue skies though. It was snowing today in the Midwest.

Ummm not at all. They've already torn the sidewallk up (it does look better...) but moving the post office. I feel bad for the people who have a house in Smolian Circle behind the new building going up. Their view will be blocked.

And Bud n Alleys. If they tear that down...the crying will never stop. It's a landmark for being here 20 years!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
whiteyfunn said:
Ummm not at all. They've already torn the sidewallk up (it does look better...) but moving the post office. I feel bad for the people who have a house in Smolian Circle behind the new building going up. Their view will be blocked.

And Bud n Alleys. If they tear that down...the crying will never stop. It's a landmark for being here 20 years!

I hope they don't move that adorable post office to somewhere we can't see it when we drive by! :sosad:

:welcome: :welcome:
whiteyfunn said:

Ditto.:bang:

Coast is Clear

Beach Lover
Jun 26, 2005
Atlanta/Seaside
Post office will be at the end of Seaside Avenue where the ATM machine currently is located.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Coast is Clear said:
Post office will be at the end of Seaside Avenue where the ATM machine currently is located.

I want to live in a community that can be described like this.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
do you think its going to be dark and shadowy there once it's all built up?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
katie blue said:
do you think its going to be dark and shadowy there once it's all built up?

I don't think so, because of the positioning of the building. The afternoon sun will brighten things up, and there won't be much on the east side of the building.

Edit:
Ruskin Place is already shaded and shadowy, and I think many people enjoy that after being in the hot Sun all day, so even if the building does create shadows, it may be a cool welcome in the hot summer.

Last edited:

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay
whiteyfunn said:

According to the barman at Bud & Alley's last week, they were told they have at least another year or possibly two before the new building will commence on the south side of 30A. Shades said they have about a year before some trendy, upscale restaurant takes over. :roll: