• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Sliced and each slice dipped in a tempura batter and fried. But it is hard to beat just pulling the pit out and filling that with mayo then salting and eating.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Funny you should mention avacados....I just made some quac at K & T's tonight...Mexican food!!! YUM!!!!

Honey...I love avacados with just plain lime juice, olive oil, salt & pepper!!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Sliced and each slice dipped in a tempura batter and fried. But it is hard to beat just pulling the pit out and filling that with mayo then salting and eating.

I love you. :clap::clap::D

Gypsea

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA; Watercolor
Here is one that there were sampling at the store the other day (yummy):

Avocado & Shrimp Salad

1 small green pepper, small diced
1 small red pepper, small diced
1/2 small Serrano pepper, small diced
1/2 small sweet onion, small diced
1 T. fresh garlic, minced
1 medium avocado, pitted and small diced
1/2 C. lime or lemon juice
2 C sour cream (may use lite)
1 C. whipped cream cheese
2 T. ground cumin
3 T. chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. salad shrimp, cooked and peeled

In a bowl, combine peppers, onion, garlic, avocado and lemon; let ingredients rest for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile mix sour cream and cheese, cumin and chili powder and salt-pepper it to taste.

Combine both mixtures in a larger bowl, and add the shrimp to it. Mix well and serve over bib or iceberg lettuce for presentation.

When I make this I will probably add some cooked, cubed yukon Gold potatoes to it as well.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
Thanks, Gypsea!!! This sounds wonderful!!:clap:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Chop advocado in bits; toss 3/4 of chunks into zip-loc plastic bag; add lime juice, garlic powder, salt, olive oil, cumin, finely chopped shallots, jalapeno and fresh cilantro (& dollop of sour cream if you like). Zip bag, massage with hands until mashed. Cut off corner of bag--squeeze into bowl, stir in the rest of the advocado chunks; adjust spices; scoop up with chips.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
Can I just suck it out of the bag? :lol: