• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
If you are looking for an undeveloped lot, it's better by the day.

OKon30a

Beach Comber
Nov 27, 2005
I think the real answer lies in what you buy, where it's at and the amount you pay. There is still a lot of overpriced property out there and some underpriced as well- with a whole lot in between. With some research and due diligence it is not that difficult to differentiate the "deals." Experience tell's us that if you are waiting to purchase at that perfect time you'll certainly miss some great buy's available in the current market. Put another way if you wait for the same thing everyone else is waiting for- you will probably get the same thing they are getting. If you can afford to- now is a great time to buy in.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
An argument can be made for turning back the clock at least 12 to 15 months...find comparable sales during this time period...for an idea of what 'good value' might be today. For 'deals'...maybe 18 months or more.

GreenWaveDave

Beach Lover
Oct 24, 2005
Bob,

Why do you say undeveloped lots are looking more attractive by the day? Because they are undervalued or too much supply not enough demand and people need out?

I think there are some serious deals out there on lots. From what I've seen, many are priced at what comps sold for 12-18 months ago.

Bottom line is anything a short walk to the gulf, in a good location on 30A and with a Gulf View will be a great investment for years to come.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
GreenWaveDave said:
Bob,

Why do you say undeveloped lots are looking more attractive by the day? Because they are undervalued or too much supply not enough demand and people need out?

I think there are some serious deals out there on lots. From what I've seen, many are priced at what comps sold for 12-18 months ago.

Bottom line is anything a short walk to the gulf, in a good location on 30A and with a Gulf View will be a great investment for years to come.
I totally agree. The supply is growing. For a buyer, now, the scenario is getting better. My feeling is anything near 30A is a fantastic deal now or even later. Excess supply is going to drive prices backwards a bit for the short term. Long term, as long as you can afford to carry your investment, it does not matter if you slightly overpay. Time will remedy all. This spring many sellers who withdrew there listings will flood the market. Good times for buyers.

GreenWaveDave

Beach Lover
Oct 24, 2005
I think the place to buy right now (and into the future) is on the Eastern end of 30A.

You've got 3 high end communities Rosemary, Seacrest Beach, and now Alys Beach all coming together, plus Camp Creek Golf Course.

I think once Alys Beach continues to show substantial progress (maybe by end of 2006), people with big big money are going to flock there from all over the place.

There are some great lot deals just west of the entrance to Alys Beach with Gulf views. Prime opportunity to get in before Alys Beach becomes a household name. Like the architecture or not, it's unique and people like uniqueness. Uniqueness sells and gets publicity!

Imagine what they'll be worth when Alys is complete and you'll be able to walk to the ammenitities of Alys Beach, Seacrest Beach, the Villlages of South Walton, and Rosemary Beach.

What else could you ask for?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
GreenWaveDave said:
...Alys Beach....Like the architecture or not, it's unique and people like uniqueness. Uniqueness sells and gets publicity!

Are you sure about your statement of uniqueness???
The house below is in Pensacola and it certainly is unique, but I think Kurt can tell you that you don't see many of these (no demand- hence uniqueness does not always equate to sales). If Alys Beach becomes a household name, it will not be because of uniqueness alone.

_DSC7414.jpg

GreenWaveDave

Beach Lover
Oct 24, 2005
You do have a point, but that thing stands out like a sore thumb. Master Planning is a good idea for a reason.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
SJ,
The difference I would see between that one unique home in Pcola is just that. It is one. Alys Beach is a development, which it seems would make it more appealing to more people in the "uniqueness" category. :dunno: