• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com
yep, add the oil/or butter. to increase the moistness. sometimes you can cover it and expose the top at the last say 15 minutes....depending on the overall thickness of the cake. Or just go ask Fabrice....he's a master pastry chef.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I just made a coconute cream cake for a friend's birthday. While everyone raved about it, I thought the cake was dry. It was from scratch and not a mix. Any suggestions on how to make it less dry? I baked it 5 minutes less than the recipe said.:dunno:

Eggs give cake structure but they also contribute to dryness. If you used large or extra large eggs, try medium size the next time. It's worth a try.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I sure hope iwishiwasthere hasn't been waiting all this time for advice. :D

You've misread the post. She's already made the cake; she wants to know how to make it better the next time.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
After it's baked, and while it is still warm, poke a few holes in the cake and douse it with Malibu Rum. :D

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
After it's baked, and while it is still warm, poke a few holes in the cake and douse it with Malibu Rum. :D

YUM! or sweetned condensed milk!

p.s. Did you all notice this thread is a year and half old? I bet she has made several more cakes since she started this thread! :wave: