• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

HeyJude

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2008
Have had Seaside Taco Bar Fish Tacos and Smiling Fish Fish Tacos so far. YUM! I'm hitting George's, Hurricane Oyster Bar, Love Shack, Cowgirl Kitchen (on Fridays), and Fire (I will call) next! Thanks for the all the suggestions.

BeachRum1962

Beach Comber
May 20, 2009
Tallahassee
Try the Tommy Bahama cafe in Grand Boulevard during happy hour for great Mahi fish tacos and get this, you get 3 for $5. Much better value and taste than the tilapia? tacos at the taco bar IMO. Furthermore, I was just going over my receipts and I just realized the Taco Bar adds a 15% tip automatically when starting a tab. I know this is pricey territory but $5.25 imported beers that mexicans don't even drink, not that great tacos and automatic tip (plus the tip I gave on top of that) spells a bad review. Just sayin'. We love Bud Alley's though.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Try the Tommy Bahama cafe in Grand Boulevard during happy hour for great Mahi fish tacos and get this, you get 3 for $5. Much better value and taste than the tilapia? tacos at the taco bar IMO. Furthermore, I was just going over my receipts and I just realized the Taco Bar adds a 15% tip automatically when starting a tab. I know this is pricey territory but $5.25 imported beers that mexicans don't even drink, not that great tacos and automatic tip (plus the tip I gave on top of that) spells a bad review. Just sayin'. We love Bud Alley's though.

I'll nominate that for underhanded tip of the year.

So a $5.25 beer is too much, but $10.00+ for a martini isn't? I'd tell you where to get cheap taco's and 10 cent tini's, but it's not a chain.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I'll nominate that for underhanded tip of the year.

So a $5.25 beer is too much, but $10.00+ for a martini isn't? I'd tell you where to get cheap taco's and 10 cent tini's, but it's not a chain.
I am going to have to plan a day off during 10 cent tini's and try the fish tacos! The only fish tacos I have tried are Taco Bar's and I love them! I fashion my own tacos after them with the cabbage slaw and lots of LIME!!!!

BeachRum1962

Beach Comber
May 20, 2009
Tallahassee
I am going to have to plan a day off during 10 cent tini's and try the fish tacos! The only fish tacos I have tried are Taco Bar's and I love them! I fashion my own tacos after them with the cabbage slaw and lots of LIME!!!!

Who said anything about $10 tinis? The $3.00 pints of brew at Tommy's were what I was drinking. I acknowledged it was happy hour. Someone told us about the deal and I was just relaying the info. Taco Bar wasn't bad, but the tip thing kind of chapped me.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Who said anything about $10 tinis? The $3.00 pints of brew at Tommy's were what I was drinking. I acknowledged it was happy hour. Someone told us about the deal and I was just relaying the info. Taco Bar wasn't bad, but the tip thing kind of chapped me.

My apologies, just saw your join date. There was a very extensive and long thread about the auto grat at Taco Bar some time ago.

Check out Fire on Friday for ten cent tini's and taco entrees (you have to buy an entree to get the tini's). They also do a Taco Tuesday or Thursday and they mix it up. This past Sunday they had blackened Red Snapper Taco's that were to die for. :drool: