• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Nope. Guess again. But next time I won't answer. I did this time because I didn't want Dave to think I was spreading untrue rumors about him or his establishments!!!

:D

I hear ya.

He (Dave) is about to open a new pizza joint in Seaside. I think his eateries are safe.

I know about the new endeavor. If Dave can convince Seaside to keep thngs as they are with regard to beachfront at Seaside (low density and low-rise), it's a win for the entire 30A corridor. I had just heard that south of 30A at Seaside was going to adopt the multi-level architecture across the street.

kingrenteria

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
www.myspace.com
Geo,

No it is not uncool to post, especially if you are concerned for those establishments or owners. I think that there is a very special bond that locals have with the eateries in this neck of the woods and their curiousity is more of concern than harm.
In my experience, I can tell you first hand how unsettling it can be for owners to hear untrue rumors of their life's investment and ambition fall or demise. Just recently I have been battling with the unfortunate rumor that my restaurant, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar was closing. At first it didn't faze me but after several weeks and the hundred emails, phone calls and people stopping me at Publix it has become quite puzzling. For the record, Fleming's is NOT closing.
These are no doubt very rough waters for a lot of businesses all over the map and we ALL should be doing everything in our power to help support these owners and most importantly, their employees not only with $$$$ but with positive words of encouragement and the benefit of the doubt.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Geo,

No it is not uncool to post, especially if you are concerned for those establishments or owners. I think that there is a very special bond that locals have with the eateries in this neck of the woods and their curiousity is more of concern than harm.
In my experience, I can tell you first hand how unsettling it can be for owners to hear untrue rumors of their life's investment and ambition fall or demise. Just recently I have been battling with the unfortunate rumor that my restaurant, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar was closing. At first it didn't faze me but after several weeks and the hundred emails, phone calls and people stopping me at Publix it has become quite puzzling. For the record, Fleming's is NOT closing.
These are no doubt very rough waters for a lot of businesses all over the map and we ALL should be doing everything in our power to help support these owners and most importantly, their employees not only with $$$$ but with positive words of encouragement and the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for setting the record straight on Fleming's. Yours is one of the establishments to which I was referring. I am very glad the rumor is apparently untrue and look forward to visiting Fleming's again soon...

You hit the nail on the head with respect to my motives- I was posting out of concern (and this is precisely why I left the restaurants and their owners unnamed). Pls know I mean no harm whatsoever and wish you the best...

Cheers, G

Last edited:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
The talk of the south side of 30a Seaside getting closed has been raging around for quite a while. I don't think anyone would open a new endeavor there knowing there was a limited life span(12-18) mos. With the market the way it is(still dropping) and the current value of real estate, I think it will be a while before we see an drastic changes there.

Last edited:
The talk of the south side of 30a Seaside getting closed has been raging around for quite a while. I don't think anyone would open a new endeavor there knowing there was a limited life span(120-18) mos. With the market the way it is(still dropping) and the current value of real estate, I think it will be a while before we see an drastic changes there.
I think you're right.

Even if it is rebuilt, you know Dave's businesses will still be around. :clap: My guess is that it's a matter of does he want to move into the new digs (whenever that happens) or does he want to relocate. Like you said, it will be years before there will be drastic changes, thanks to the economy.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Dave is OPENING a new pizza restaurant to go w/ the Taco Bar and Bud & Alley's.

The proposed master plan for Seaside (south of 30-A) includes space designated for his restaurants and other existing businesses.

There have been at least 5 restaurants that I have recently heard are closing - Criolla's was confirmed, Flemings has been refuted.

northshore

Beach Comber
Aug 2, 2008
I heard a rumor today that more than a few of our area restaurants (besides Criolla's) are closing...

One is a chain not on 30-A but near. One is owned by a well known local and is on 30-A...

Anyone else hear anything? Is this uncool of me to post this?

:shock:

G
Seerings?:dunno::sosad: