• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Watch out, Shelly is going to get you!!:D

As far as good ole days. We were in SoWal this weekend for the first time in a few months. We loved it- but when talking to people that still lived in the area that had something to do with housing (Agents, builders, subs, title agents, banks) it was all just depressing. Many people's lives are so seriously affected from all of this. It saddens me.

I was talking about the good ole' days where you could confront a party and work out your differences on the spot.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Thanks 30ashopper!
Can you elaborate on why its a speed bump and why the lis pen has to be refiled?

The lien holder becomes a grantee claiming rights to some part of the property. The bank (grantor) has to refile it's legal claim against the lien holder and the owner. The lien holder is also given time to decide what type of arbitration to pursue. In cases where the lien is small in value, the holder will basically step out of the way in let things go through. In cases where the lien is large in value, the lien holder may choose to take more direct action. All this paperwork takes time, entities involved have time limits until they must file, etc.. That's the speed bump.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
What I meant was, what are the priority of liens? It's not always first in time is first in line.
Tractor-trailer wide legal ???, AA, pre-title Xfer, post title Xfer, pre-deed record notice, post deed record notice, notice how I am dancing around notice. :rotfl:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
What I meant was, what are the priority of liens? It's not always first in time is first in line.

That's a good question, I always figured it was first in line, but maybe rank is given based on the type of holder? Not sure how they would break that down though fairly.

That's a good question, I always figured it was first in line, but maybe rank is given based on the type of holder? Not sure how they would break that down though fairly.

There are so many types of lienors and I have been wondering about these HOA's and Condo's. I know property taxes jump in front of everybody. Construction liens get special status, etc. Someone the other day posted a cool note about C.D.D.'s and their Bond holders too.