• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MKH

Beach Fanatic
May 12, 2005
Memphis, TN/Seacrest Beach, FL
Hello all,

I had the great pleasure of dining at D&K's again this past Saturday night. As a frequent visitor to 30A in the past few years, I have made D&K's a 'must' restaurant on each of my trips.

Kat, I believe the food served at D&K's is the best on 30A, if not the entire Emerald Coast. In addition to the best food and menu, though, D&K's delivers the absolute best restaurant atmosphere and service, in my opinion. The service provided at D&K's is beyond reproach and the staff consistently provides the best dining experience of all the restaurants I visit on 30A. I think the most important part of that last statement is 'consistent'. I know when I go to D&K's that not only will I get the best meal of my entire vacation, but I will receive the best service in the most enjoyable atmosphere, too.

There are a lot of very good restaurants on 30A and I intend to continue to visit them all as my vacation time allows, but I no longer think of D&K's as my favorite restaurant on 30A; I now consider D&K's to be my favorite restaurant, period.

The menu at D&K's offers literally something for everyone, no matter what your budget is or what kind of food you like. With tough economic times upon us, anyone lucky enough to be able to visit Sowal on vacation would be hard-pressed to find a better place to spend their tourist dollar.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Glad you enjoyed your meal, we like D&K alot too and definitely the Key Lime Pie is the best I have had anywhere in my travels. :clap:

butterbean

Beach Fanatic
Jun 15, 2006
When great food becomes the standard as is the case with D&K's then servic e raises the bar to excellence and Doug and Kathy have hit the mark! Always a great job,don't forget great at lunch as well!:lol:

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
Hello all,

I had the great pleasure of dining at D&K's again this past Saturday night. As a frequent visitor to 30A in the past few years, I have made D&K's a 'must' restaurant on each of my trips.

Kat, I believe the food served at D&K's is the best on 30A, if not the entire Emerald Coast. In addition to the best food and menu, though, D&K's delivers the absolute best restaurant atmosphere and service, in my opinion. The service provided at D&K's is beyond reproach and the staff consistently provides the best dining experience of all the restaurants I visit on 30A. I think the most important part of that last statement is 'consistent'. I know when I go to D&K's that not only will I get the best meal of my entire vacation, but I will receive the best service in the most enjoyable atmosphere, too.

There are a lot of very good restaurants on 30A and I intend to continue to visit them all as my vacation time allows, but I no longer think of D&K's as my favorite restaurant on 30A; I now consider D&K's to be my favorite restaurant, period.

The menu at D&K's offers literally something for everyone, no matter what your budget is or what kind of food you like. With tough economic times upon us, anyone lucky enough to be able to visit Sowal on vacation would be hard-pressed to find a better place to spend their tourist dollar.
I can't wait to eat there! So what did you eat?

MKH

Beach Fanatic
May 12, 2005
Memphis, TN/Seacrest Beach, FL
I can't wait to eat there! So what did you eat?

I've tried lots of different things on their menu during my recent visits. Last Saturday I started with the Crab Boulettes as an appetizer, then I ordered the Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp over Grits as my entree. I've had the seafood dip before (loved it), both of the pasta dishes, the fried grouper sandwich, the seafood platter-all on different visits to D&K's. The food and the menu is excellent, and the staff and the atmosphere make the dining experience perfect.

And they are grayt for lunch, too.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:blush:What can I say to such wonderful posts. MKH you really know how to make a person feel good. I absolutely love that when you dine you take notice of everything. We have put so much into that restaurant and when someone really "gets it" I get very emotional.

Our staff has always tried their best to give the very best service. I know there have been many times over the past 9 years when we have been understaffed during a busy lunch or dinner and they all step up and do the work of three. We try to warn customers so they know it may be a little wait....and the food will make up for it. We are not perfect by any means. But we so appreciate the great comments that you post.

As for the food....well, that's all Doug. He is a genius in the kitchen on that grill, the fryer, the ovens and just about every cooler in the cafe. There is not a plate that goes out that he has not perfected to his own standards. I could never keep up with him in the cafe kitchen....it's different though at home.:D
He keeps the cleanest kitchen with the freshest foods. He can put a party of 30 together in a wink of an eye, where I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off. May his back and legs be blessed and healed from all that cooking!!!!!
:bow:Thank You All Thank You Again!!!!!!:bow:
:welcome:
:love:Kat​