• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sushi81

Beach Crab
Oct 3, 2008
Hi, I've a restaurant and I'm looking for a software to manage it.
It should be easy to use and free.

have you some idea?
Thanks

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
They all seem to have their ups and downs and not one is perfect. Although I can tell you to stay away from used or previously owned systems. They just never work right.

Good luck.

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
I would imagine you're going to have a difficult time finding one that's free. If you are going to be running a restaurant, you really should invest in a reliable POS program that will help you run your business successfully.

I don't know the price as I wasn't there when the system was put in place, but the restaurant I work in uses Restaurant Manager Backoffice, and it is very easy to use. You can find more info on their website:

http://www.rmpos.com/back_office.html

Good luck with everything, and of course keep us updated on your venture!

highwayjunkie

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2008
Seagrove
Hi, I've a restaurant and I'm looking for a software to manage it.
It should be easy to use and free.

have you some idea?
Thanks

Yea...good software that is free. Not happening. I would disagree that buying used POS systems is bad. You could go on EBAY and find a couple of used MICROS or Aloha systems etc. etc. Ask the seller what kind of restaurant it was used in....and if it fits what you are doing (similar to your restaurant), get all of the pass keys and change the button names and costs. Ask for step by step instructions on how to do this...the POS systems come new with live support and live desk call in help(manuals are not the norm). This means the person selling should know how to run it. Don't just buy "anything". I know Micros is big in financial so I would make sure it is a mom and pop system that has a simple Micros Program(as opposed to Sports Arena or large restaurant). You can do it relatively easy if you have computer knowledge. You have to get someone to do the cabling from the system to the units to the printers etc. I know this is a long post based on the thread topic...wanting free software...but this is my advice.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Actually are you talking about a POS system or just a manager/bookkeepers tool? If the latter go for quickbooks.

Free financial software is loaded with problems and generally no documentation.

joe88

Beach Crab
Oct 24, 2008
Hi,
I did some searches and I found a good program

You can download for free at

http://www.supereasyfree.com

The software works well and it's available for Ubuntu linux, Mac and soon for Windows.

Actualy I'm using QuickOrder for my restaurant.

Joe 88