• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
The foreclosure page has now been updated-

http://www.joshmcleanhomes.com/buyer_mistakes.asp

Josh, it is my understanding that there is no disclosure on bank owned properties or, franklly, auctioned properties.

First, does this rule apply to short sales as well?

What about environmental issues with the house. Is there any way to find out if there have been any in the past? (This is a major health concern for me).

If not to the two above, is there any recourse if a home is purchased that has environmental issues after the fact even though it was sold as is? This may be a hidden flaw?

Thanks for your insight in this matter.

Last edited:
Josh, it is my understanding that there is no disclosure on bank owned properties or, franklly, auctioned properties.

What about environmental issues with the house. Is there any way to find out if there have been any in the past? (This is a major health concern for me).

If not to the two above, is there any recourse if a home is purchased that has environmental issues after the fact even though it was sold as is? This may be a hidden flaw?

The person filling out the Sellers Disclosure has to answer it truthfully based on their knowledge of the home.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach

There will be no sellers disclosure on foreclosures. The contract will also be done on a contract provided by the bank. It pretty much relinquishes them from any responsibility after the deal is done. You need to have the property thoroughly inspected before the purchase and do your due diligence. The title company will help you in finding out if there are any liens on the property. The bank should take care of all liens before you purchase the property. Diligence is needed when purchasing any property, especially those owned by the bank.
With that said, I've sold several this year and haven't had any problems. It's all been very smooth.

There will be no sellers disclosure on foreclosures. The contract will also be done on a contract provided by the bank. It pretty much relinquishes them from any responsibility after the deal is done. You need to have the property thoroughly inspected before the purchase and do your due diligence. The title company will help you in finding out if there are any liens on the property. The bank should take care of all liens before you purchase the property. Diligence is needed when purchasing any property, especially those owned by the bank.
With that said, I've sold several this year and haven't had any problems. It's all been very smooth.

Josh, I guess you know I have been watching you from afar. I think it's tremendous that you have found a way to post such huge numbers this year. Keep after it. JC

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
Josh, I guess you know I have been watching you from afar. I think it's tremendous that you have found a way to post such huge numbers this year. Keep after it. JC
Josh works hard, stays McClean and is cute as a button!!!:love: