• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
http://supervisorofelections.co.walton.fl.us/EarlyVoting.htm

General Election
October 20 - November 1, 2008 (Monday - Saturday from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM)

Early Voting Locations:

Main Office - Phone (850) 892-8112571 U.S. Highway 90 East
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433

Satellite Office - Phone (850) 622- 074431 Coastal Centre Blvd, Suite 300
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

The 2004 Legislature passed legislation which standardized early voting throughout the state. Early voting is defined as "casting a ballot prior to election day at a location designated by the supervisor of elections and depositing the voted ballot in the tabulation system".

Early voting will begin 15 days before an election and will end on the 2nd day before an election. The supervisor of elections will offer early voting in the main or branch office of the supervisor. The supervisor may also designate any city hall or public library as an early voting site; however, if so designated, these sites must be geographically located so that all voters in the county will have an equal opportunity to cast a vote.

Early voting will be conducted 8 hours per day on each weekday during the early voting period and will be provided for 8 hours in the aggregate for each weekend during the period. Each supervisor of elections will designate the early voting sites 30 days prior to an election. For additional information on dates, times, and locations, please contact our office.

Voters who want to vote early should remember to bring a photo and signature identification with them.

Early Voting provides a more convenient alternative to traditional election day voting. For those who are unable to make it to their polling place on election day, they have the option to vote early when it better fits his or her schedule. If the voter still has a conflict with the designated voting times, he or she can still vote by requesting an Absentee Ballot.

sweetgal

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2008
Defuniak Springs Florida
Thanks I did not know you could early vote on the main election. Good info to have, and to pass along.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Today is the day you can vote early. Today is the day you can do your duty. Today is the day you can perform the most important single act in a democracy.

Don't put it off until tomorrow.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
Whoever makes it to the annex first to cast an early vote, please let us know which office to go to. Thanks.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
At the annex in South Walton, you go to the Supervisor of Elections office, located immediately to the left, after entering the main doors.

I'm holding out on the early voting, hoping to get some more promises out of each of the candidates. Still waiting to hear more from the school board candidates on their thoughts of hypnosis and yoga.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
At the annex in South Walton, you go to the Supervisor of Elections office, located immediately to the left, after entering the main doors.

I'm holding out on the early voting, hoping to get some more promises out of each of the candidates. Still waiting to hear more from the school board candidates on their thoughts of hypnosis and yoga.

I'm gonna do a yoga pose while I vote:wave:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005