• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Apparently we are not the right kind of Christians, and I love that mere mortals determine who are and are not Christians.:lol:

Nail on head statement. All I can add is Amen.

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
Apparently we are not the right kind of Christians, and I love that mere mortals determine who are and are not Christians.:lol:

Well then sir its not my place to say that, My question is what Bible do you read from, must not be the same bible I read from. The question isnt whose right and whos wrong, I really dont care about that. Its a matter that it is very CLEAR in the Bible on how one is to live. If you want to make up your own rules to go by then fine. But you shouldnt be dragging others down with you. I am on here as a Christian who prays for this country hours on end, and studies my Bible, and understands CLEARLY GODS position on gay marriage becasuse once again its noted throughout the Bible. But you sir only take the parts that appeal to you and continue to live as you do and I will be sad for you and pray for you. That is all I can do.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Well then sir its not my place to say that, My question is what Bible do you read from, must not be the same bible I read from. The question isnt whose right and whos wrong, I really dont care about that. Its a matter that it is very CLEAR in the Bible on how one is to live. If you want to make up your own rules to go by then fine. But you shouldnt be dragging others down with you. I am on here as a Christian who prays for this country hours on end, and studies my Bible, and understands CLEARLY GODS position on gay marriage becasuse once again its noted throughout the Bible. But you sir only take the parts that appeal to you and continue to live as you do and I will be sad for you and pray for you. That is all I can do.

I mean no disrespect, but maybe the best thing for you is to live your life as you see fit and stop judging how others live.

BookMan

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2008
Blue Mountain Beach
Well then sir its not my place to say that, My question is what Bible do you read from, must not be the same bible I read from.

Thank you for demonstrating my point Swamp. I am not trying to discredit the Bible, or any Bible, just illustrating that it is not a perfect work as you have claimed. Based on the latest census this amendment will adversely affect more of your heterosexual christian brothers than any one else.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
If you feel strongly about this, it's important to get everyone out to vote. This amendment is borderline passing at this point.

Love it or hate it, most Florida voters have made up their minds about a ballot amendment to ban same-sex marriage.

And they?re more likely to enshrine the definition of marriage in the state?s formative document, while two others intended to protect conservation lands and give tax breaks to waterfront businesses also have a fighting chance.

A new poll commissioned for the Orlando Sentinel found Amendment 2, which seeks to enshrine a definition of marriage, held 56 percent support among voters less than two weeks out from the election, while 37 percent opposed it.

That leaves the remaining 7 percent of undecided voters to determine if it reaches the 60-percent threshold for amending Florida?s Constitution.

History suggests it will pass -- because undecided voters have tended to break in favor of gay-marriage bans in other states, according to Brad Coker, polling director for Mason-Dixon Polling and Research. The firm surveyed 625 registered voters Monday and Tuesday, and has a 4 percent margin for error.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
There are many variations, interpretations, and revisions to the Bible. It is being interpreted every day currently. The New King James Bible is one of many. Swampfox, clearly you have your own interpretation which you feel is far superior to everyone else's on this board. And, you show disdain for all who do not meet your self imposed holiness. It seems to me, after having to endure all your posts, you are flirting with one of the seven deadly sins, Pride. WHO are you to judge? Isn't God the judge? Are you the only one on this board who has a relationship with the Lord? Is everyone else here wrong?