• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
I have a question then: What if I'm of an other faith that does not condemn homosexuality. Do you believe that a Christian's voice is more important in this country, than someone else of another faith?

Let me make myself clear I dont condem homosexuality, GOD does. It is not my place to condem anyone. I love all people the same ( or try my best to ) If you are of another faith then that is between you and GOD. Marriage is held sacred by the Lord and when its definition is watered down to reflect sin Then I am forced against my relegion to accept a worldy definition for marriage, which is a GODLY act.

what if there was an amendment on board to change "Buda" to orange, would that be acceptable? Of course not. Or Baptism for washing an elephants behind. I have no problem with the term "civil Union" and reconizing gay rights, no problem at all. But when socitey want to twist a christian term then its time to speak up, because my rights are in jeopardy.

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
Great. So what did Jesus have to say about homosexuality? The answer is nothing, pro/con or otherwise. He did however state:
"It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but it is what comes out of the mouth that defiles... what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this is what defiles, for out of the heart comes evil intentions, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false witness, slander; these are what defile a person, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile." (Matthew 15:10, 18-20)

Clearly, Jesus did not think adherence to Judaic law was as important as the common sense concept of being decent toward your fellow man. Why do you feel it is important to cite Jewish law Jesus himself found irrelevant? I suspect it is because, try as you might, you will never, ever, be able to cite Jesus condemning homosexuality.

John 3:17 for GOD did not send his SON into the world to be its judge, but to be its savior

Now Jesus defined an act of Marriage as between a Man and Woman can YOU find me Anything to the contrary I bet not

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
Christianity is not based upon facts; it is based upon faith.

You should not use the Bible as a weapon against other humans who do not believe the same as you.

You should use it as a guide on how you personally can become closer to God.

Im not I only answer the question posed to me about my faith

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Swampfox- I am asking this out of curiosity. What denomination of church do you attend? What you say seems so different than the Christian services I attend.

MattChrist Live

Beach Lover
Jan 16, 2008
The Bay
Let me make myself clear I dont condem homosexuality, GOD does. It is not my place to condem anyone. I love all people the same ( or try my best to ) If you are of another faith then that is between you and GOD. Marriage is held sacred by the Lord and when its definition is watered down to reflect sin Then I am forced against my relegion to accept a worldy definition for marriage, which is a GODLY act.

what if there was an amendment on board to change "Buda" to orange, would that be acceptable? Of course not. Or Baptism for washing an elephants behind. I have no problem with the term "civil Union" and reconizing gay rights, no problem at all. But when socitey want to twist a christian term then its time to speak up, because my rights are in jeopardy.

You have still not answered my question.

Do you believe that your belief system as a Christian is held to a higher regard constitutionally than someone else of another faith?
In the United States of America?

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
Now though I have not spoke out of hatred, but out of my heart for what is REAL, I have drawn the adversity of many. I have not been hateful or rude to anyone. But to those who wish to mock me or my faith I leave you with this. Jesus is the only one to fulfill every prophesy about his coming. Just to give you an idea of the true meaning of that. The very likelyhood of that happening is like taking the state of Texas and filling it 1 foot tall with quarters and painting 1 red and dropping it in the mix, then calling over a blinded stranger and having him pluck that quarter out. If you want to believe or not believe thats up to you! But do not Mis quote the Bible or use sections of it to promote your own little purpose without knowledge of what it says as an entirity. Other wise the Bible will be used to point that out.

To those who wish to condem me I am not angry for you and I am happy for me I leave you with this.

John 15 :16 If the world hates you, just remember that it hated me first. 19 ) If you belonged to the world then the world would have loved you as its own. But I choose you from this world, and you do not belong to it; that is why the world hates you 20) Remember what I told you: "no slave is greater then its master." If they persecuted me , they will persecute you too;

I will not repost less I am psoed with more qoestions or there is attempt to mislead through the Bible.

My definition of Marriage is MY right and the government can not force me by law to reconize it as anything other then between a man and a woman. CIVIL UNION is thegays right, just as long as they keep there hands off of that which is made sacred between a man and a woman, and no not call it marriage

VOTE YES YES YES on admendment #2

Last edited:

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
You have still not answered my question.

Do you believe that your belief system as a Christian is held to a higher regard constitutionally than someone else of another faith?
In the United States of America?

No I do not if anything it is held to a lower reguard, Did'nt I cite a few on the battles against the ACLU as posed against christianity. And I did answer you question

Dont you think alot less time and effort would be spent on calling civil union just what it is and not what it isnt? And the end result would be the same.

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
John 3:17 for GOD did not send his SON into the world to be its judge, but to be its savior

Now Jesus defined an act of Marriage as between a Man and Woman can YOU find me Anything to the contrary I bet not

The burden of proof is not on me, it is on YOU because you state Jesus is against homosexuality. Keep reading...Jesus never weighed-in on the topic.

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
The burden of proof is not on me, it is on YOU because you state Jesus is against homosexuality. Keep reading...Jesus never weighed-in on the topic.

Jesus defined marraige Ive quoted it many times. Jesus loves all sinners not just one or two types. The issue isnt weather homosexuality should be legal its wether or not Marriage is anything other than as defined by JESUS. JESUS does call to turn away from all sin, such as indecent sexual acts to include sex before marriage, then defines marriage as between a Man amd Woman. You to the math.

Last edited: