• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
:nono1: you stop that right now.

OH PLEASE WILL MUSCHAMP.
praying.gif
please, please, please.

of course i'm sitting here praying for muschamp and this is what someone else says.:lol:
"Muschamp hasn't stopped anybody. Why the h-e-double hockey sticks would we want him?"

Yeah, he had a bad week last week ... but overall, he's got a great future. What a funn pick that would be. G-vegas boy makes good!

I was kidding about Spurrier. There is early scuttlebutt about Jon Gruden, but I DON'T believe it.

OH PLEASE JON GRUDEN. (Praying smiley) please please please.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
:rotfl:

You're kidding, right? A lot of noles think Jeff was better than Jimbo.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I honestly don't know who I would like to see as the new coach, but I know a number of people who I don't want it to be!!!

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I think the most important qualification for a UT coach is excellent recruiting skills and energy.

So are you thinking Trooper? Or a bigger fish?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/...1090?Title=Spurrier_lauds_Fulmer_s__good_run_
Two days after his South Carolina team beat Tennessee, Steve Spurrier had nothing but nice things to say about the coach he sent packing.

Phillip Fulmer and the University of Tennessee reached an agreement that will pay Fulmer $6 million over four years as a buyout of the contract that was extended before this season. The deal was reached less than 48 hours after the Vols were beaten by South Carolina 27-6.
"He had a wonderful career," Spurrier told The Sun. "I read the other day he's spent 35 straight years at Tennessee as a player, graduate assistant and coach. Thirty-five years, that's a good run.
"He's a good guy. I talked to him before the game. Not about that. But we talked. We never talked before the game when I was at Florida. We're a little more friendlier here. We can't score 50 on anybody, so we don't have too many people mad at us."
Unless Fulmer surfaces elsewhere, the records for the Gator coaches against the Tennessee coach:
Spurrier 7-3 at UF, 2-2 at USC.
Ron Zook 1-2.
Urban Meyer 4-0,
Fulmer's record against the Gators was 5-12 and the Vols lost six of the last eight at home to the Gators under Fulmer.
"Some people will say it's sad that he couldn't go out on his own terms but if you retire, you don't hit the lottery," Spurrier said. "You could say he hit the lottery after getting that contract extension. Now he gets the money and he doesn't have to go through any more crap, everybody after him."