• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alan Osborne

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2008
Why I am voting for Mrs. Wilkerson

I was about to slam bob hudson for his nasty reply on the school board tax issue that was an obvious attack on Mrs. Wilkerson, but he thought better of it in a later post. We don't need this mess in local school board elections. Mark Davis and Marsha Weingardner set a great example of how a race like this should be run.

I did not know either Robert or Mildred prior to this election year. As many of you know, I am and have always been a registered republican. But I don't let my party affiliation cloud my judgment. I vote the person and not the party. I voted for mark davis also. I am sorely disappointed in both parties campain ads for president and feel both teams have brought shame to such a noble office.
As Bob Hudson will tell you also, VERY fewpeople attend the public forums or even seem to care about the issues and what the candidates know about them. Some people who are so vocal about things on this blog won't take the time of day to show up to a public meeting and be involved in a positive way. All I ask is people make an informed choice when they vote.

I do not support Robert Nelson for school board because I feel he is not qualified. I have nothing else to say on the matter and do not feel the need or desire to attack robert just because I made a choice. I'm sure robert is a fine person and it takes a lot from anybody to run for public office. Those who haven't tried it just don't really know. Please there is only one day left, no more personal attacks on any candidate sheriffs race included.

I support Mildred Wilkerson for the following reasons.

She is Qualified
I have had several personal conversations with her about her vision for kids.
Every one of her own children have been successful in both their higher education and career's, she knows what kids need to be successful.
She has chaired almost everything you can imagine in the walton school system and served on numerous boards and accreditation Committee's.
Her integrity is beyond reproach
Most important of all is I can rest easy at night knowing she is looking after my kids education, Her age is a plus for me because she has no agenda other than her love of the walton county children and her desire to see them prosper.

Now more than ever we need great americans to step forward and lead, for all the diversity she has overcome in her life, mildred has continued to lead our children for almost 40 years. She is and will continue to be that person on our kids side.

For all the people who are hung up on the taxes issue. There are many places to cut waste in the walton county budget, but good schools, police, fire departments and emergency personnel are not the places to cut. These very services are the core of a community and make the difference of our daily lives being safe and secure for both us and our children. Good luck to robert and I commend him for stepping out as a candidate but my vote will go for education, qualifications and the desire to serve children. I will vote for Mildred!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thanks Alan- great comments.

We think you ran a wonderful campaign yourself- would you ever consider school board down the road?

rocketman

Beach Comber
Jun 28, 2008
Alan:

You are the consummate gentleman with wisdom that is unquestionable. Like you, I totally support Ms. Wilkerson. One has to applaud your perception regarding her credentials. It has been my professional and personal pleasure to have known this wonderful lady for many years. Her decisions on the school board are predicated on what is best for children...... It does not get any better than this......

Rock on.....
Rocketman......

Alan Osborne

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2008
Hi Alan

You are out of you league. Why don't you tell us the real reason for your support.

The only league I'm in is the panhandle youth football league. Why don't you enlighten me with your unending knowledge of the inner workings of my mind. What did you learn from those years on the bench? But please keep it to your usual rant and rave. Also, please continue to educate AAbosolute with your indepth and well researched data on driftwood issues also.:bang:

If you are trying to get me to talk bad about robert, you can forget it. I don't have time for the kind of politics you love.:banging:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Hey Interested Girl- thanks so much for helping to re-elect Mildred Wilkerson!:clap:

Pat yourself on the back.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Hey Interested Girl- thanks so much for helping to re-elect Mildred Wilkerson!:clap:

Pat yourself on the back.

I logged on specifically to make this point. Interested Girl, I honestly believe to the core of my being that you did more to help Mildred Wilkerson than anyone else in this county. Perhaps that was your intent, I don't know. What I do know is that your nastiness and negativity did more harm than good, and turned many, many people off. You kept the discussion of this race on non-issues, and did nothing more than throw out political chum.

Interested Girl, you owe Robert Nelson an apology.