• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Dang, now I can't marry my labrador retriever. That's what the amendment was about, right?

BookMan

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2008
Blue Mountain Beach
unfortunately there are a lot of close minded people out there. For those of you who voted yes I hope you feel good about stripping so many Florida residents of their rights. This amendment is wrong. I am happy that we have embraced change, but saddened by the outcome of the vote for this amendment. I goes to show you that people were manipulated to believe that they had to vote yes because of their religious beliefs even though this amendment will affect more heterosexual couples than anyone else. It is still unconstitutional even if it has passed.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
maybe there will be a legal appeal....

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
coming into this real late arnt you? That was my responce to questions reguarding the Bible because MY point of view is a biblical one and I have been challenged countless times on that and the only way for me to support my argment is biblically. Any way I can justify it the same as you can by forcing me to reconize marriage in and unGODLY light. I follow my faith, how can you justify forcing worldly views on me?

I've tried and tried, but I just can't get head up my arse to see eye to eye with you.

So you are saying Jesus is all for same sex marriage even though he speaks only of marriage between a Man and Woman and as it being a HOLY union? I think not. Its just as crazy as supporting abortion. I dont know about you but I know many people from many churches that attend regularly and have personal relationships with Christ who are voting YES. You can show me articles all day, it will not change what I hold true that comes right out of the Bible. You know I went to a church one time and the pastor of that church was making fun of gays on the pulpit, since he is a pastor of a large Church was he right to do so. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! We are called to love. If I was voting for Civil Union I would vote for it. But Instead I vote for protecting the term of marriage and I vote YES ON #2

Buddy you're wasting your time on a message board. If you know what Jesus was thinking even though he never said it then I guess that makes you some sort of mesiah?

I read it overmany times and thought long and hard and I like most of Florida voted yes. In fact every admendment that I was in favor of passing got passed:clap: and the ones I wasnt in favor of passing did not get passed so as far as my admendments go for the election I am 100%:cool: I just cant believe in 2008 there are still people out there that think like me.

God, guns, and glory? Apparently you're against education too, of course that's is the kind of thing that breeds ignorance so it all worked out for you huh?

maybe there will be a legal appeal....

Amendments can be reversed. I would think that many people who will be affected by this amendment will suddenly awaken to the fact that they have voted against their own interests.

In addition the US Constitution always trumps a states constitution. Just have full faith and credit. ;-)

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
I've tried and tried, but I just can't get head up my arse to see eye to eye with you.

Buddy you're wasting your time on a message board. If you know what Jesus was thinking even though he never said it then I guess that makes you some sort of mesiah?

God, guns, and glory? Apparently you're against education too, of course that's is the kind of thing that breeds ignorance so it all worked out for you huh?;-)

Thats ok you can be bitter at me, call me names, that FACT is the majority of Florida voted right in line with me, so I really don't mind;-) And Yes I am against "Me paying for someone elses education" But Im not against education. I paid for "MY" education with blood. I got off my behind and went and faught for this nation, so I may be able to afford school. Im not willing to invest in anothers education. I've seen how many people drop out of community colleges and Im just not willing to pay for that with my tax dollars. Bottom Line. You want an education bad enough, you will get it, but not on my tax dollars. After all when you become a Doctor or Dentist, Im sure you will be sticking it to me in the long run.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thats ok you can be bitter at me, call me names, that FACT is the majority of Florida voted right in line with me, so I really don't mind;-) And Yes I am against "Me paying for someone elses education" But Im not against education. I paid for "MY" education with blood. I got off my behind and went and faught for this nation, so I may be able to afford school. Im not willing to invest in anothers education. I've seen how many people drop out of community colleges and Im just not willing to pay for that with my tax dollars. Bottom Line. You want an education bad enough, you will get it, but not on my tax dollars. After all when you become a Doctor or Dentist, Im sure you will be sticking it to me in the long run.

This one sentence speaks volumes.