• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It's almost election day, thought I'd bump up a thread that a candidate has voiced some interesting opinions in.
I consider this both unnecessary and appalling. I am not a supporter of the candidate to which you refer, but her opinion, while maybe poor judgement, has nothing to do with the office for which she is running. Lighten up and let people decide for themselves who they will vote for. I hate negative campaigning though I know it is done by almost all candidates. You don't need to "bump up" a thread that is negative to a candidate. We've had enough of that on this board already.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I consider this both unnecessary and appalling. I am not a supporter of the candidate to which you refer, but her opinion, while maybe poor judgement, has nothing to do with the office for which she is running. Lighten up and let people decide for themselves who they will vote for. I hate negative campaigning though I know it is done by almost all candidates. You don't need to "bump up" a thread that is negative to a candidate. We've had enough of that on this board already.

When a thread is created and the candidate in question has not been involved then yes I consider it a negative campaigning technique. However in this case the person in question did respond and showed a serious lack in judgement. I don't care if it's President or Mosquito Control Board, judgement is a very key point when I decide my choice.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
When a thread is created and the candidate in question has not been involved then yes I consider it a negative campaigning technique. However in this case the person in question did respond and showed a serious lack in judgement. I don't care if it's President or Mosquito Control Board, judgement is a very key point when I decide my choice.
Your consideration of "judgement" and mine differ. There are many, many forms of "judgement". I still think it was a cheap shot, unnecessary and not in the best interests of this forum. Every poster I have seen or read on this board has the ability to judge for themselves whether someone should be elected or not. I have never seen as much contentiousness in any forum to the extent I have seen it here during this campaign season. I, for one, am really glad it is finally over and will critize and commend the new administration once it takes office or before if deemed necessary in my mind. With the election now gone, hopefully it will not be necessary to "bump up" another thread.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
driver pulls gun....

the "natives" are getting restless.....better circle the wagons! where's Rodney King when you need him?!:dunno:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

swickman

Beach Comber
Feb 22, 2008
WOW!!! GOOD DAY TO YA'ALL!!! I started reading, trying to find out info about the "guy with they gun", and ended up reading THE JERRY SPRINGER SHOW!!!! Get a grip everybody. Its November and 80 degress!!!!!! SMILE!!!!!