• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
we would have SO been there. Mr. IBD's favorite!

How did it turn out?? good I am sure.... can you fed ex some for me?? :D
It was wonderful! I made 15 specials and we sold out!
I made mine a bit lighter, I braised the shanks, added sauteed panchetta, carrots, celery, onions and garlic. Deglazed with white wine and chicken stock. Roasted in the oven for 2 hours. I made smoked gouda polenta and finished the dish with the traditional gremolata (Finely minced Italian parsley, garlic and lemon zest.)

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
It was wonderful! I made 15 specials and we sold out!
I made mine a bit lighter, I braised the shanks, added sauteed panchetta, carrots, celery, onions and garlic. Deglazed with white wine and chicken stock. Roasted in the oven for 2 hours. I made smoked gouda polenta and finished the dish with the traditional gremolata (Finely minced Italian parsley, garlic and lemon zest.)

You should meet my friend Kathy. I think you were seperated at birth. You speak the same language:clap:

firemanjimg

Beach Comber
Jul 26, 2008
Where can I purchase veal shank, I have not been able to find it at all in SoWal? I now have a craving for Osso Buco. Is the recipe in your book?

Thanks

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Alli do you cater
We cater at Chang's :D

Where can I purchase veal shank, I have not been able to find it at all in SoWal? I now have a craving for Osso Buco. Is the recipe in your book?

Thanks
Recipe is not in the book...I can post it in the dining section.
I purchased the veal from our meat vendor...but you should be able to find it at Publix...or ask if they can get it for you! :D

firemanjimg

Beach Comber
Jul 26, 2008
Thanks Allifun. I'll look for the recipe and head to Publix. I'm also going to try and make the polenta, never have before but it sure sounds good.

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
The polenta was very easy to make and can be found at Publix as well. I used chicken stock instead of water and added some half & half to make it creamy.

I'll post the recipe here...today!

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
YUM! And more YUM. I make it when we are home in Memphis during the winter months amd serve it with polenta adding cream, chicken stock and an organic goat cheese. Always top with the gremolata, serve with a slightly chilled bottle of Amarone, garlic bread and mange!