• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I'd like to complain about the trucks that pass by my place every morning. They make my dog bark. :roll: Oh, and the freakin' motorcycles that stop and start at the four way stop. And the leaf blowers. If only I had some music to drown out these noises. :D

Watch out, the next noise complaint may be for the barking dog on the F balcony! :yikes:
I personally feel some perspective, some prune consumption, and some earplugs (the latter two readily available at area grocery stores) would solve the problem.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Watch out, the next noise complaint may be for the barking dog on the F balcony! :yikes:
I personally feel some perspective, some prune consumption, and some earplugs (the latter two readily available at area grocery stores) would solve the problem.

Surely you didn't miss my sarcasm???? :rotfl: Molly creates more noise than all the things I listed!

BookMan

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2008
Blue Mountain Beach
Salty Dog's had a db meter and it did not matter. I have read the ordinance over and over, but that does not matter either since the deputy can choose to supercede the county ordinance with a State Stature of disturbing the peace. The ordinance also states that permitted special events are not subject to the same guidlines.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
That is the "sound of freedom"!

:wacko:That's the sound of large metal disks (AKA artwork) shaking on my walls & my wondering if anything's gonna fall next time we have crashes and booms from either bomb testing or the sound barrier being broken, which was last week's cause of the craziness.

WhoDat1

Beach Lover
Oct 23, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
This sucks! :bang:

Come on S.O.! Either handle the complaints in a fair manner, or don't handle them at all.... Call code enforcement... since they're responsible for upholding the ordinance. This BS is getting out of hand and the whole community is going to suffer for it, not to mention locals and visitors alike are beginning to have a Very low opinion of our Sheriff's dept. (As if!) :roll:

I've had to listen to the Mexicans on the next street blare their music every Saturday night I've lived here. I've never called a cop to stop it, because occasionally I blare mine too.

Live and let live.

Unfortunately we HAVE to respond if the person requests us to. Even if there is NO crime. It is a waste of county resources, but alas, the High Sheriff is a political office and depends on votes.....:eek:

In this particular instance, there was nothing to enforce. So the deputies not forcing the party to end was right.

As far as code enforcement goes.......they are an ENFORCEMENT agency. How can the office holders of this county justify having an ENFORCEMENT agency with 8-5 office hours? Why not just close their doors for good, save the taxpayers the salaries, insurance, retirement costs, vehicle costs, building costs etc etc etc and train us (WCSO) on the noise thingamejigs and let us handle it? Hell, we're the only ones that respond anyhow. And for what? to tell the complainants, "I'm sorry sir/Ma'am, but I don't have the equipment or training to handle your noise complaint."

The office of code enforcement is just a place to hand out jobs for political favors. I like the post that said, and I paraphrase, "we outta push those good 'ole boys back".

And hey, lighten up and enjoy the damn music! For every minute we waste on your noise complaint (because you chose to live AT THE BEACH...HELLO!) is a minute we could be ON PATROL in the neighborhoods....you know...preventing thefts and burglaries and such.....:bang: